Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wofforduk

sapphire radeon 9200se driver probs, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

please help! i have a driver problem with my new pci 9200se, as the card just cannot install successfully.

my system is

2.8ghz p4

256 mb ram

home xp sp1

internal 64 shared vid (intel) (a complete pile of poo)

have now got a 9200se and really want it to work!

when it comes to instalation, it has two parts, it installs the second part without a problem but always comes up with a problem for the first part, it says

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

iv tried quite a lot of things but still no joy.

i was given a cd with a version "12-029"

Thanks and PLEASE HELP!!!

Just out of curiosity, have you tried using the latest and greatest version of the ATI drivers?

Have you disabled, or can you disable onboard video(through bios)? Have you, or can you remove any software that was associated with the previous video card?

What are the "alot of things" that you have tried? That way, we don't suggest things that you already have tried....

i have tried to disable the onboard graphics through bios but the other card still doesn't work. when i start up a warning sign comes up saying "the ati control panel failed to intalise because no ati driver is installed, or ati driver is not working properly. the ati control panel will now exit"

Just a quick question, when you first installed the new video card, did you have the monitor plugged into this video card? Did video display on the monitor? Was there no video? If there was no video, then try a different PCI card. If none of this is your situation, then....remove the drivers and unwanted software that the driver disk installed.

Actually, do a roll-back of the driver. Remove any of the new drivers, and try the latest driver build off the internet. IF that doesn't work, remove these drivers, and see if windows can pick up what kind of video card you have, by doing an automatic driver install.

thanks 4 your help, i just changed the pci slot and it works like a dream, no uninstalling needed!

Many Thanks

William Wofford

Excellent. So, it was a conflicting IRQ problem. No matter. Glad I could help!