Compatible Support Forums
DosFreak

Sims 2 Problem Solving Part Deux

help! when i run open for business an error pops up saying "The graphics adapter in this system experienced an internal error. pls contact your graphics adapter manufacturerfor the technical support. the application will now terminate.

SP2 should have no affect at all on Sims 2, the crashing is more likely the RAM you have installed. Is it exactly the same RAM as you currently have? Is it the same type and speed?

Help! When i try to run my open for business it will only run during the first part then crashes and an aqua blue screen appears with the cursor bigger. an error box appears saying an the graphics adapter in this system experienced aninternal error. pls. contact your graphics adapter manufacturer for technical support. the application will now terminate.

Whats wrong? Pls help me bec. i'm dying to play this game!

Remgurl, try replacing the drivers for your adapter

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I was wondering if anyone could help.

I just recently got a new graphics card, my old one fissured out and refused to play any game. (Any game at all and the screen would turn off.) I've ran The Sims 2 numerous times before, but now, even with all of the same stuff in the computer asides from a new graphics card (A much better one.) It won't run. Every disc drive I try (3), every time, AutoPlay will not run, as well as the main setup on the disc.

Weird. Please help.

Heya

i've got a problem with my sims 2 wink

The installation ran smoothly, but when i try to run the game i get an error

AppName: sims2.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1022

ModName: ~df394b.tmp ModVer: 0.0.0.0

Offset: 0008e86b

i tried to test my computer with the "Sims 2 Checker Tool", and it says somthing like this:

Operating System - Windows XP (OK)

Memory Requirement - 2047 (OK)

Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 GTX (NOT OK)

CPU - 419 MHz (NOT OK)

Harddrive - 7GB available (OK)

The funny thing is that i run EVERY other game on full details with NO problems whatsoever, but when it comes to the Sims 2 it won't even start up the game.

It seems that everytime i run the test my CPU changes, the CPU i got is an Intel Pentium M (2,13 GHz) and it should be more than enough to run the game. but is seems quite weird that "Sims 2 Checker Tool" only says that i got around 400 MHz available.

Another problem might be that my grafics card might not be supported, the sims isn't the only game that says so, but most games i got are still able to be played even tho it says so.

PLEASE if anyone knows what is wrong with my computer, and why i can't play the bloody game, please say so smile

Found this.

Quote:

http://help.lockergnome.com/general/Sims-Faq-ftopict44996.html

5. The game crashes at startup with error message:

AppName: sims2.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.994 ModName: ~df394b.tmp

ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0008e86b

This is due to the CD/DVD drive having problems reading the disk. First of all try another drive if you have one. I've had some success up[censored] the firmware of the drive, firmware updates are available from the manufacturer. If it still doesn't work or there are no firmware updates buy another drive.

And some german site mentioned to uninstall daemon tools, if installed.

Hi everyone, well this is my problem, three months ago i bought the sims 2 game and everithing ran well, but one week ago i changed my graphics card, i had an envidia geforce 4 mx and i changed it for an ati radeon 9550, and now i can't open the console box(the gray box to enable cheats) i have tried everything, i have the latest ati driver, the latest sims patch, i have tried with a virtual CD, with cracks, everything, please i need help

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Mexico)

System Manufacturer: Sony Corp

System Model: PCV RZ25M

BIOS:American Megatrends Inc. 1006, 26/06/2003

Processor:x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2793 MHz

Processor:Procesador x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2793 MHz

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Page File: 1.96gb used, 2077MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Card name: Gigabyte Ati Radeon 9550

Manufacturer: ATI

Chip type: Radeon 9550

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

hi there this nis my first message..

i have the sims 2 with the expansion packs installed all of them apart from the university one

but the problem is that the game runs so crap its unbelieble

my spec is as follows

Intel Celeron 2Ghz

768 Mb DDR 333 Memory

Windows Xp Service Pack 2

2X 80Gb Drive

Philips 1640 Dual Layer DVD Drive

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb With latest drivers

all my drivers are up 2 date and all the patches are installed for game i have tried settin the graphics to nearly low on 60hz refresh and 800x600 graphics but still lags badly

is there anyway to sort this as i have tried the system requirements tool and everything is fine so the game should run alot better i would think

please help as im pulling my hair out over this disater of a game

its a great game but the speed issues make it unplayable

brian weir

Please help i have the Sims 2 and everytime i try and open the .exe file i get this message - The Sims 2 has encountered a problem and needs to close, We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something,the information you were working on might be lost.

For more information about this error, click here

On the click here it says -

Error Signature ------------------------

AppName: sims2.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.999 ModName: ~df394b.tmp

ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset 0008e86b

To view technical information about the error report, click here.

On the click here is -

A load information starting with exception information which is,

Code: 0xc0000005 Flags: 0x00000000 Record: 0x0000000000000000

Address: 0x000000006678e86b

Can anyone help here is my system information;

Processor Intel Pentium 4 2988MHz

Display Card NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Memory 512MB

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP

Free Disk Space 61.73GB

Display Card Memory 128MB

Display Driver Version 5.6.6.4

DirectX Version 9.0c

Optical Drive CD/DVD

Sound Card Realtek AC97 Audio

Thanks for any help, i hope i can get this fixed before i rip my hair out!!!

mad ok, so i have a problem, and it's completely different from all of the problems posted here. i got sims 2, and i started installing it, but at about 3%, it says that it cant move a file from the media. is this happening to anyone else? i checked my computer, and everything is fine, even the directx. i hope someone can help me. frown

Look at the CD and see if it's dirty.

If it is then clean it. If not then the CD could possibly be bad.

Put the CD in another computer and try copying all of the files on the CD to the hard drive. If they copy then the CD is likely fine.

Oh BTW the following is on the first post of the first page:

Quote:

5. Q: The install halts at XX%!

A: This may be because of a bad/dirty CD. Check the CD for scratches or dirt. If none then the CD may be bad. Try the CD in another computer. If you still have the same problem then try the suggestions posted above.

Sup, okay I don't have the admin account yet on the comp so sorry bout the no info on computer thing but I do know some baisc stuff.

1. Direct x2.0

2.I have 2 drives, one dosn't work but has more memory I can fix it but it will be a while.

3.The amount of memory is good.

I have had the sims 2 for months it was a birthday present but it still won't work, you can get it on autorun install, (primary install, though the cd.) But it will soon freeze before it finishes. Finally I tried to install directally into drive D.

And I got stuck, I have all the CD files in the folder by disk order and I have enough space for it to run. But when I get to file1 and select autorun it shows the little screen the you see when installing the sims the normal way. Then it asks for the sims disk 2, If I put the disk in it soon freezes.

Does my computer need any upgrades? I am going to get the latest version of diredt x9.0 soon, but I still need to insatll the sims

2. Help me please.

This is what I used to copy the file to my drive.

Go into My Computer.

Open drive C.

Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.

Name the folder as Disk Images (it is important that the name has a space in it).

Open the disk images folder.

Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.

Name this folder Disk1.

Repeat steps 6 and 7 while substituting Disk1 for Disk2 and so on until there are 4 'Disk' folders followed by a number 1 through 4. it is important to note there must not be a space between "Disk" and the number.

Insert Disk 1 of The Sims 2 into your CD-Rom drive and if the autoplay starts, cancel it.

Go into My Computer.

Right-click on your CD-ROM drive and choose Open.

When you see the contents of the disk in the Window, click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Select All.

All the contents of the disk should now be highlighted, click on Edit at the top of the window again and choose Copy.

Open the Disk1 folder you created under C: Disk Images; click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Paste. This will copy the contents of the CD into the Disk1 folder.

Repeat steps 9 through 14 for the remaining disks until you have copied each disk into its appropriate folder.

Once all the disks have been copied, remove ALL CDs from any drives.

Open the Disk1 folder under Disk Images and double-click on autorun.exe to start the installation.

To save disk space, you can delete the Disk Images folders after the installation is complete.

the only thing I did different was use drive D:

Was that a mistake? Tell me please.

It sounds like you copied all of the CD's to your hard drive...

Then you started autoplay from the disc 1 copied to your hard drive...

Next when it asked for CD2 you put in the CD? Why didn't you point to where you copied CD2 on your hard drive?

Hi I hope this is the right place for this if not apologies

I have the Sims 2 on DVD however when I try to install it, it says its a blank disc any help???

Yes I do have a dvd drive and also I have tried the disc on a friends computer and it works.

Cheers

well...i've been getting this 'Error: Bad Object Array' whenever i click on the phone. This happens as well as with clicking the sim itself..i use custom content..& i don't think that this has something to do with my video card..i was just wondering if you guys can help me? @_@...

thanks.

I checked my computer to see if it was compatible for sims.

I meet all the requirements except the "at least 3.5Gb of hard

drive space", this is left blank. [in the system specifications column"

Also when I click "check system" it says "cannot open file tick.bmp."

I have no idea what this means, I'm guessing something to

do with the lack of hard drive?

Processor: Intel® celeron®CPU 2.53GHz

Graphics Card: Intel® 82865G graphics controller

Memory: 510MB

CPU: 2.5 GHz

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

Hard drive: (None)

Do I need to uninstall somethings, or install somethings ?

Thanks for the help.

I am so frustrated right now I might snap. Thank God someone set this up.

I have no idea what's going on. I have the Intel Graphics Controller, and I guess according to your list, a supported version. Every time I boot up the game, it loads fine and quick and all pretty-looking. Around fifteen minutes later, my screen goes black and to the lowest display settings, with the message that "Display driver (can't remember, but I can look it up if needed) has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore display functionallity." So I do, it'll show that it's recovered from a serious error. I think, okay... so I send the error report for the heck of it, and this is what it says: http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/Respo...19-074771482f73

So I go and download DirectX 9.0. Nothing changes. I even tried lowering my graphics settings and deleting some custom content that might have tampered with the functionallity. No change. I am a storyteller type, and I heavily rely on th imagery(and the fact that I need the game RUNNING). I use cheats and I have custom content. But here's the thing: ever since I got this computer, I've been playing the base game with no problem. I even installed Holiday Stuff, Pets, and OFB and again, no issue. Now, around the time of last Christmas the pictures I took stopped showing up in my Storytelling folder. That was at the exact same time as I had renamed a file in there, so I guessed it was that. Just within the past month, I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything to try and get it working again. Guess what wasn't showing up in my Storytelling folder? I had saved all of my downloads and all of my BodyShop projects(I'm not an expert modder, I just recolor a few things and make eyes). Well, all my downloads worked fine, none of my projects showed up. I thought I had needed to go back in BodyShop and reimport them. Well, turns out this time around, I didn't get BodyShop, so I downloaded a copy from The Sims Resource. When I installed it, it asked me if I wanted to continue, telling me I already had a newer version of it on my computer. I went ahead anyway, since I had searched EVERYWHERE for the darned program and nothing. And since I couldn't open those projects in that BodyShop, I decided to let the clothes go and only remake my Powerpuff Girls Style eyes that I can adjust the eye size to make it look right. (I had gotten so used to using those big eyes that looking at normal ones seemed so off it would have driven me to insanity.) So in I go, works fine. One off thing about the BodyShop is that when it came to building sims, it only gave me one hairstyle, top, bottom, full outfit, eyebrow, and skin option. Also only gave me those exact options when I wanted to mod anything other than eyes. So I just shrugged and made my eyes. A week or two went by, no problem. Then up starts this display problem and it's been plauging me ever since. Like I said I deleted some stuff, removed unneeded programs from my computer, and lowered my graphics options a tad. Nothing changed. I even uninstalled that BodyShop copy. Nothing. I do have my special, beloved eyes saved as package files now in my downloads, so if I need to uninstall and reinstall again, I've got everything I need. I'm sorry for rambling on, but I'm trying to give as much as I can to find out this problem. And I'm sorry if someone's already mentioned this, I've only skimmed. I can't buy a new video/graphics/whatever card that some people with more DirectX problems have had to do. Do I just need to download new drivers from up there? Is there an underlying problem? I've ran defrag and checkdisk just yesterday and it showed no problems. I know this is the Sims 2 causing this, because if I do anything else on this computer nothing bad happens. I'm so confused, I've tried everything.

Here's my system summary:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name OWNER-183935006

System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation

System Model OptiPlex GX270

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2793 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Dell Computer Corporation A07, 6/26/2006

SMBIOS Version 2.3

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"

User Name OWNER-183935006\Administrator

Time Zone Eastern Standard Time

Total Physical Memory 256.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 88.87 MB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Page File Space 624.96 MB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

I have the same "What's This?" right-click thing as well.

Thanks in advance! Any word you say, even "I can't help you", will be greatly appreciated!

I'm not going to read the second paragraph but from what I read of the first paragraph it's possible your graphics card drivers got updated. Try comparing your driver version to what is available on the Intel site. If the Intel drive is newer then download and use that one.

If that one doesn't work then you'll just need to start going back through driver versions and try older versions of the driver.