Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Galilee

Dell is just faking support

I have tried the new drivers, but do they really work?

I think there is a reason why Creative is still working on their drivers.

I must admit, Dell got all the old programs to work, and all four speakers, but where the EAX?

In no game I have tried does EAX work. The game tries to use it so apparently the support is there, but the sound quality is really crappy. It is so bad you have to turn it off.

And after trying out the SBLive! Experience program I found out that there is no difference between the speakers. All four are just as loud all the time, even if I place a sound in one of them only.

So, no Surround and no EAX

Dell: Go back to building computers and DON'T try the software business.

The drivers went in fine, work.

The software went in fine, works.

Opened up UT and turned on the hardware sound option and the sound was fine, not choppy or so crappy I had to turn the speakers off, and you usualy have to manipulate the speaker balance to hear a differnece in the speakers.

Dell: Go back to building software and DON'T try the computers business.

Ok I take some of it back

I found out why the sound was so crappy.

In the mixer allmost all the sliders were at the bottom, so to get high enough sound the speakers were turned very high.

That resulted in crackling sound.

Sorry Dell

Hmmm, faking it? Yea sure, I'll bet they woke up one morning and said to themselves: "Wouldn't it be funny as hell if we faked our support for Windows 2000 just to mess with the minds of the users!".

Just a thought

Have a nice Day. smile