Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
deceit

Huge Issue Not sure what is going on!

Ok first and foremost, thanks for even reading this.

Now, to descirbe the problem.

p4 2.6 HT, 80gb hitachi sata HD

Now about a week ago I went to bed with the computer on and woke up with it turned off. I turned the machine on and it posted, began the windows boot, then as soon as the windows xp pro splash screen popped up the monitor clicked, and I was back in the post.

Something is going horribly wrong.

I ran Norton from cd in dos, no virus, ran Hitachi drive fitness test, the drive is a-ok. Now, got into Windows XP Setup (as I was just going to reinstall windows over the OS partition that I created) and I hit the F6 to load additional SATA drivers, still good. Finally I'm at the screen to install windows pro, I press enter, and the screen goes to BSOD ntfs error, run chkdsk /f.

So I go BACK into windows setup and try to run Recovery console and get the exact same error. I can't run chkdsk if I can't get into windows setup, and I can't get into windows setup with my BSOD, and while I can do a direct format via the Hitachi disk I really can't lose the 4 years of high school documents saved on here.

Help, help, help, I'm out of OPTIONS!

Thanks,

Austin

austinc[at]gmail.com

I have to agree. Check your memory. I've seen this problem many times in the shop.

Though, I'm not even going to bother about asking whether or not you can get into safe mode. So, I won't ask.