Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Robbo0

hotmail problem

MSN explorer is working fine, but when I click on 'email', I get a message asking me to confirm the distorted characters I see on screen (you know the type of message... full message: "To continue, type the characters that you see in this picture. This helps to ensure that a person, and not an automated program, is using this service." then a box to enter the characters in. Entering the letters correctly I am asked to confirm Email address and passowrd. Do so correctly and Taken back to another box asking me to confirm the characters. do so correctly, back to confirming email and password. and round and round in circles...

I know I have nine unread emails and I want to reply to them but I just cant get into hotmail to even read them, inside or outside of msn explorer.

have scanned for spyware. can access another hotmail email the pc but not my main one...

anyone any idea, or have an email address to write to to report the problem? have searched MSN but can only find email addresses for reporting abuse or spyware... there is a form i can fill in on msn and send off to msn regarding hotmail problems, but when I press send another error message, and it does not give the e-mail address which the form is being sent out to...

anyone any idea...? hope ive explained the problem clearly enough....

thanks, thanks and more thanks!

Rob

Um, sorry, I dont quite get the solution you said- just get a new hotmail account? (not familiar with the terms/accronyms im afraid.) OK, I dont mind doing that, but I cant access address book either to get addresses back....

so how can I prevent this from happening in the future, to a new account, if what you say is right about someone knowing my pwd? can someone hack into it just by me giving out my hotmail address/msn address? (i am quite free about giving it out...)

Hi robbo0

No, Alec§taar meant that you should change your password.

Have you tried to add your hotmail account to Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook?

But, change your password first and Alec§taar suggested, I dont trust the web too much myself either, and I would not put it past that idea of someone having you password.

Change your password, but use uppercase, lowercase and numbers, that makes it a bit more difficult for someone to crack your password.

Lets say you want your password to be robbodude, then do something like this;

R0bb0dud3

RobboDud3

RobboDude007

I have changed my password but to no effect. Its not a case of typing in the numbers and letters and then i get into my emails, it asks me repeatedly and will not let me view my emails at all. I only know that i have got some as i get the MSN pop-up message from the taskbar informing me when an email comes in. there is no way of me accessing my hotmail even when i type in the correct characters.

robbo, something you could try as well (sorry APK, I did not read everything you wrote yet, I'm on my way out, for in case you mentioned this already)

Do you use IE, Firefox, Opera? I tried my hotmail on IE and Firefox and it works on both.

Try do delete all the 'Temporary Internet Files' and 'Cookies'

If it still dont work try to create a new hotmail account (just as a test) and see if you can log into that.

Or, if you have another PC or a friend you can go to you can try at their PC, if it works their then you know your account if ok and there is something wrongwith your PC, but for now you can try your temporary files.

Good luck

MSN is usually good about answering questions in 24 hours - if you are very specific they are sometimes helpful. A good site for hotmail problems is MoveOffHotMel - and the webmaster will post new solutions if you find a common problem