Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Lux

change standard fonts on windows console

Kind of a silly question, but is there any way to get windowsXP to recognize different font options for the command prompt? When trying to choose another font on the font tab in the configuration only two show up.

I have a few other FON and TTF files installed (some of which support the DOS codepage), but the only options seem to be "Raster Fonts" and "Lucida Console". Searching the registry hasn't really turned anything up.

I had the same problem recently. I found both of your posts here, but there was no real answer to either. So I did a little digging.

There is a key in the registry:

Quote:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Console\TrueTypeFont

It has a value called "0" that is set to "Lucida Console". If you change this to the name of the font you want and restart the command prompt it will replace Lucida Console as the available TrueType font in the property settings. The name is case-sensitive and must match what is shown in the Control Panel Fonts window.

I tried adding additional fonts as values 1, 2, etc. but that did not seem to work.

Hope this helps.