Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
foxalpha

activation issues

hey peeps

am not a computer expert but i can manage i guess but i have a serious problem with my lap top

its an acer aspire 2010 but thats not the problem

my issue is with my windows xp

since its a laptop win xp was already activated; a couple of days ago i upgraded to service pack 2 (no problems so far)

but about a week ago i started getting this wierd message when ever i open up a session:

first thing i get is this copie of windozs needs to be activated by microsoft before yo ucan open a session, do you wish to activate windows now?

i click on yes but then i get this message of windows being alrady active, click on OK to quit.

i click OK but it takes me back to "open a windozs session screen" same thing if i click on NO

if anyone has solution for this problem plz help ASAP

the copy of your windows, has it been activated on another PC?

thats your problem

the same happened to me

try and get hold of microsoft customer services if the XP cd isnt an illegal copy and it is yours personally

Gary

thnx gary

he yam not sure wether my copy of p is othentic or not since i bought my lap top second hand and the guy intalled it himpself i suspect it was an illigal copy of xp

but when you had this problem did it tell yo uthat windows is already activated but as soon as you press on ok it logs yo uout automatically!

if i didnt have to contact microsoft wot else you think i should do

the only way i can access my computer is through safe mode so wot are your sugestions ??????

this might be a silly kstion but if i boot my pc do i loose all my files??