Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sinluan

How to disguise XP when game playing

I have a friend who's using XP Home which won't allow her to install and play one of her fav games, Cyber Tarot by Multicom Publishing. Is there any sleight-of-hand trick that will cause the game to think it's in a Win9x environment and allow the game to be played? As a user of Win2K I can do this most effectively4 by using the APCOMPAT.exe file from the install disc and pull the wool over a particular application's eyes making it think it's being run on 98 or any of several NT4.0+__SP. She'd rather avoid the hassle of creating a partition for a dual boot scenario if that is at all feasible. When she asked me about this, I said that I knew right where to go for the best possible advice on the matter - the uber OS mavens at NTC! Thanks once again for sharing your wisdom, fella's!

XP have build-in compatibility mode for older games and programs.

Quote:

To set the compatibility properties for a program manually:

Right-click the program icon on your desktop or the shortcut on the Start menu for the program you want to run, and then click Properties.

Click the Compatibility tab, and change the compatibility settings for your program.

Run Older Programs on Windows XP