Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBoDEAN

NVidia 3.78

Are we ever going to get the advanced options like we used to in 9.x? I want my opengl settings!!!!

No, because dicking with those settings can compromise system stability.

Use PowerStrip.

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

Well, just tried the 3.78 Nvidia drivers off of Nvidia's site and seconds after the reboot was completed my system hung. So, in other words, if you system hung in the past, don't bother with these drivers.

Is Nvidia ever gonna come out with a driver that won't crash/hang windows 2K. Ever since 3.68, the drivers crash my system hard (which requires a hardware reset).

Come on Nvidia, get with the show and listen up....fix this crash problem!!!!

-Q

How about collecting an honest to goodness bug report? Then sending it to Nvidia.. That way they have a list of what works and what doesnt... HMmm??? sounds better than complainin about it.

Just my 3 cents. (not a slam)

------------------

When the world comes to a halt, Hold The F*** ON!!!

Oh and by the way. These drivers work so far! I am gonna play Q3 and Unreal to put them through the wringer and report back here shortly. (if anyone is at all interested.. )

------------------

Hey Yuppie.... i noticed that you are using "SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM"

Where did you get the bus settings from? I havent seen them anywhere! I am using the SM P6DBE.. would you happen to have the bus settings for that board or can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

What do you mean by bus settings?

If you're refering to FSB, that's controlled by the slocket card (MSI-6905 v1.1) that the Celeron sits in.

installed tried, no probs here, other than my customary format to make Q3 work with the drivers. Everything else works fine otherwise

Yuppie,

Do you have any SoftMenu or jumper setting for bus speed other than 100 Mhz for your SuperMicro motherboard? I will be buying the dual slot 1 GX chipset with SCSI onboard soon.

well and again an irongate/athlon lockup driver frown

back to 3.66 then frown

ps.: the new creative labs driver locks up too

Ok all... I put my system to the test!! All games work. Q3, Unreal Tourney and all my D3D games.. No lockups!! Cant believe it. Lovin this version.. And did you see all the companies that JUMPEd on the WIN2k driver bandwagon in the last 24 hours?? Man..... Us gamers should be happy in the next couple of weeks!!

------------------

Eddie? What error messages where you getting while trying to play Q3 after you installed the drivers?

It worked fine for me

Just curious.

------------------

I found out that with the new drivers

(3.76 and 3.78) Quake would crash if my r_gamma is higher than 1.0, but at 1.0 Quake is VERY dark on my Monitor, now's my Question...when will NVidia actually have proper gamma facilities in their Win2k drivers...under Win9x the Gamma works great. I tried r_ignorehwgamma 1, but then Quake is still a bit dark, and ugly.

Oh Yeah, with the new A3D 3.01 Driver, A3D actually works on w2k, but Crashes Horribly after a while =/

Celeron 400@450

FIC VB-601

Viper V770

Monster MX300

Fujitsu 17.2GB UDMA-66

Windows 2000 - build 2195