Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
belair58

Moving to new hardware from 4.0 to 2003

I've been put in charge of moving a PDC that houses a few apps and 10 users, and an exchange server also running 4.0 to two new servers running 2003. The new app server will be running 2003 SBS and the new exchange / file / print server will be running 2003 standard.

What ramifications does anyone see of building the new servers on their own network segment, but having access to moving old files?

With only 10 users I'm planning on building the user accounts on the new app server, and copying over the needed directories from the old PDC. I could use (ADMT), but for only 10 users, I believe it might easier to build them. Likewise with the new exchange server, create new accounts and using the ESMW (exchange server migration wizard) migrate over the data. I would also copy over all the users directories and setup the printers.

I would then reIP and rename the old servers, configure the new servers with the old names and IPs.

I'd appreciate any help or sage like wisdom that any could give me with this project.

Lonnie

Thanks in advance.