Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
braniac

Please HELP! Gigabyte K8NS+Asus 9600 XT, comp wont start, tried everything

Hi

I just bought a Gigabyte K8NS model (nf3 250) motherboard, and bought a new AMD 64 bit 3000+ 754 Socket. I have a ASUS 9600 XT 128 MB (AGP 8X/4X/2X).

I have assembled all cables and etc. correctly. I connected my Asus 9600 XT 128 MB, and the "2X_DET" LED lights on(AGP 2X Indication LED), the computer wont start, nothing happens when i turn on the computer except for the LED. I read the manual and it says that i cant use AGP 2X VGA cards, but my card is 8X!!!

I have sent an email to gigabyte, but havent recieved any answer in 3 days...

I have connected a GeForce 2 MX 64 MB(AGP 4X/2X!), and everything worked fine.

The Radeon works fine on another computer.

I updated my motherboard BIOS to the newset BIOS, loaded the Bios Defaults and nothing changed.

My Case is Aopen H600 300W PSU, the power supply should be sufficient right?

What can I do, please help ASAP!!

Have you tried changing memory sticks on the motherboard ?

I wouldn´t go for a 300W PSU due to heat but thats

my opinion, I would go for at least 400W

I dont need to change the memory sticks on the motherboard, since it works with my Geforce 2 MX...

Also, if the problem was the power supply, how come the AGP 2X Indication LED lights up, but nothing else happens. I dont think its the power supply...

With a PC anything is possible, I've seen this same problem you have and it got resolved with memory, I built that PC up for a company.

Use the help, dont question it and remember, its only suggestions, you dont have to do anything anyone tells you to do.

Memory=RAM.

1.) Yes, it happens sometimes that the memory, motherboard and graphics card do not match 100% (compatible).

2.) Your Powersupply could not be strong enough (seen this also)

3.) Check the voltages on your graphics card and see on the motherboard that it supprts those voltages, that is also a problem.

thnx everybody, i changed my gigabyte to a EPOX 8KDA3I...

i hope it will not cause any problems...

I've also got similar problems. I've tried with two cards nvidia 6600 and 5900xt and they are crashing after half hour. I think that problem is that K8NS supports only AGP 1.5V. With my MX4400 comp works perfectly, but MX is 1.5V

Didi you fund a resolution?

I think you need to check again and over again your PC whether is something wrong with the connection and second i think your Power supply may not be sufficient (you should get 400 plus )...PLz look at motherboard manual for details...

well....

i guess the powersupply by the motherboard(in this case gigabyte...) is on the pci/agp/pcie-sde instable...

best solution is to swap the 9600XT against a geforce 6200...

otherwise there is a iee1394(firewire) via-pci-ctrl for about 12€/$/PBD with a molex-floppy-plug, which also stabilizes the power&data-supply of the whole system, its a whole VIA8237FASTLINK - southbridge, well i had the same prob with my asus, it worked with this workaround