Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tcjay

service pack 3 windows xp

I am trying to load service pack 3 on Windows xp. It is the WindowsXPSP3..... file downloaded from Microsoft. When I run it, I receive an error message that says "THe expect version of software is not found" What should I do know?. I need to load service pack 3 in order to load the software for a scanner.

TIA Tom

You are really good to have Service Pack 3 already for Windows XP, or do you work for Microsoft?

As far as I know there is no SP3 yet, SP2 is not even working 100% yet, but, I could be wrong/slow/lazy and did not read up about the latest Service Packs, but I could not find it on Microsofts site.

What scanner is it you are trying to install?

Who told you you need SP3 before you can install the scanner?

What error do you get (if you get an error) when you try to install the scanner?

How old is the scanner?

Please dont double/triple post, we heard you the first time.

isnt the point here that there isnt an SP3 yet? As in "I just installed XP SP3". No you didnt because it doesnt exist yet. lol.

Of course any post SP2 updates for XP are referenced in the registry as SP3, since there will be an SP3. At least according to this:

http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/c...20-c86a932c7f95

Naturally there are no accurate time scales (no surpirse)

Anyway, even if there was a SP3 and he had to install it for the scanner to work then that scanner must be brand spanking new, I mean like it must have been made this morning to ask for SP3.

If he could give us more details about the scanner we could help him.

I guess so... if it relied upon some update from windows that came out after SP2.

I agree- more info! smile