Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bimmerdk

how to run Constructor on 2k

i whant to play Constructor on windows 2000 but if whant to installe it..windows says: Constructor requies windows95 and directx 5

what i do ?

DirectX:

Quote:

http://www.ntcompatible.com/faq-16.html

Can I fool a game into thinking that Windows 2000 has an older DirectX version?

Yes, "apcompat.exe" in the support directory of the Windows 2000 CD has the ability to make a game thinking that an older version of DirectX is installed.

Windows:

Quote:

Enable Compatibility Mode Properties

The Compatibility-mode technology is not exposed by default.

To enable an interface so that you can use this technology for your programs after you apply Windows 2000 SP2 or SP3:

1. Log on as Administrator.

2. Click Start, and then click Run.

3.In the Open box, type the following command, and then click OK, where %SystemRoot% is the drive and folder in which Windows is installed:

regsvr32 %systemroot%\apppatch\slayerui.dll

Quote:

Use Compatibility Mode Properties

1.Log on as Administrator.

2.Right-click the shortcut, and then click Properties.

3.Click Compatibility. This tab appears only if the Compatibility-mode interface has been properly enabled on the computer.

4.Click to select the Run in Compatibility Mode check box to enable Compatibility-mode support for the program.

5.Click either Windows 95 or Windows NT 4.0 compatibility mode in the drop-down box.

6.Click OK to save the changes.

7.Double-click the shortcut to run the program.

Quote:

NOTE: Be careful if you use Compatibility mode to bypass version warnings in Setup or installation programs. Some programs are designed for a specific operating system and intentionally prohibit use on future versions. These are frequently system-level programs that run at a very low level and have the potential to cause serious problems if installed.

How to install the Windows 2000 Support Tools to a Windows 2000

Description of the Application Compatibility Tool

Edited by Wilhelmus: added links.