Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bassabar

moved files to a folder and now cannot delete or move them

hi,

i moved a folder into another folder to hide it and now i cant read it, move it or delete it.. the folder, i found out, was a temporary folder made for windows update. the reason it was there i guess is because i aborted an install of the updates. the reason i moved this folder there was because it had a cryptic name (like d2o3ss22320ad) which was very little interesting to open for others and it contained almost no files. also i couldnt delete it.

i tried to turn off the write protection (dunno if this is the right term in english xp, but you find it via right click/properties/attributes) and delete/move the folder, but this didnt work. the copy protection was on immediately after.

help! do i need to format the drive?

thanks a lot for the suggestions. i will try this now. i cant delete in dos (only have cmd.exe ...) and right click properties dont work either. so ill try that link smile

hmm. that doesnt seem to work either but thats ok. i found that the folder (in dos) was empty. there my handpicked nude pic collection vanished, thanks microsoft. think i gonna install linux instead. its free and much much better.