Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bengerhamin

Age Of Epires 2 online game menu does not display options. Help?!?

I have Windows XP Service Pack 2. I borrowed a copy of Age of Empires 2 from my friend a while ago and was able to play it just fine for 3 months online with my friends. I had to give the game back so I bought a copy from the store. Then the gamed started to lock up so I uninstalled it. When I installed it again, it would play just fine but now when I go to the online game menu, the box with the game types (such as serial, modem, tc/ip network) is blank. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall 3 or 4 times now with the same results. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Were you able to get this issue resolved? Does anyone have any ideas about how I can fix this?

YES!

Finally someone else with the same problem.

I am also having this problem. I have recently installed the game and the Multiplayer "Connection Type" box is blank. No LAN or Serial or Internet game connection type options period.

I am running on windows ME. I have played this game before on this computer but it was before I upgraded my Graphics Card, DirectX (9.0c) and my motherboard & cpu.

I am running...

Windows ME

AMD Duron 1600

GA-7vax Gigabyte mo-bo

Geforce FX 5200 256mb vc

DirectX 9.0c

Any help on this problem would be warmly appreciated,

Serp

I have the exact same problem. I think it's because the new verison of DirectX or some configuration of the router. Check /run/dxdiag and test for directplay. Mine doesn't work and I can't fix it no matter what I do. Help would be greatly appreciated.