Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
grahowler

Radeon problems on Win2k3

Hi

I am using Win2k3 server as a desktop machine and I've been having ongoing problems getting my Radeon 7500 video card going with it now for some time, nearly two years.

To be honest I just ignored it when I first started using Win2k3 as I had a Sony LCD Monitor and I didn't really notice too much of a difference from using the video out on my Soltek motherboard. BUT! I recently upgraded my monitor to a Samsung 910t and it is a lot brighter, I really notice now that the backlight on my Sony has been on the way out for a while.

The problem I am experiencing with my Samsung is that it is so bright that I can barely distinguish between light colors such as #ffffcc (which is a browser safe light yellow) and white. So it's time to get the Radeon going. I've read this post: http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread25815-1.html and they're talking about doing registry edits, I can find the registry entries exactly like "djelite" talks about in his/her post, posted on the Posted - 2003-09-08 14:00:45.

The thing is it seems in this thread they are referring to the fact that their cards where not displaying enough memory, therefore they needed to fix that in the registry. I am seeing that the 7500 is displaying that it has 64MB of memory. Also, that the driver is in place for it and that the video card itself is "working properly". However, when I plug the monitor in to the video card's output it gets no signal, it's like the card it dead but it was definitely working 100% when it was put in the machine, so I am at a loss here. I am trying on the analog output and I haven't tried on the digital output yet.

If anyone's got some help here I will be most grateful, mainly to help me resolve this monitor display thing!

Thanks in advance!