Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
benedict

Download monitor/alert program?

Hello,

I'm looking for a linux program which monitors my internet connection and alerts me once my daily upload/download quota has been reached. In Windows I used DU Meter but I can't find a replacement for Linux. Any suggestions greatly recived.

Cheers

Benedict

The only thing that I can think of that seems a little similar are themes from superkaramba suchs the Fantastik , or TheBridge, but I don't think they are sophisticated as Du Meter. I'm sure there has to be something somewher on Linux similar to it though. Maybe someone will post it.

Thanks for that. I've been having a hell of a time getting it all to work. I managed to get wine installed by using apt but I couldn't get DU Meter to install in Linux/Wine (I'm sure I'm missing something). I mount my windows partition and run the exe from there.

I'm surprised that there aren't more programs like DU Meter. All I could find for Linux were programs that kept track of how long you've been on line and not the amount of data transfer. I though that the amount of time spent on line was irelivant with a broadband connection (it is with my ISP).

It's shame there isn't a simple linux program that does this because then I could have a completely linux setup. Using Wine sort of defeats the object somewhat.

Thanks

Benedict

The way I got it to work under wine is to just download it straight from the website and open it with wine, then wine will take care of the rest. In the past I have tried running windows programs from the windows mounts, but a lot of them I couldn't get to run from there. However, I was able to run some of these programs by just installing them with wine.