Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jolinar

Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds, ficxes and a few problems

I've been able to use war of the worlds for a while now on XP. The trick I used was to use compatibility mode, and set compatibility to win95 (one feature that has proved itself usefull) but I still have a few problems.

1) "The Phillidelphia Experiment"

This is a nickname for a bug I've encountered because it seems just like it. I use ironclads to invade Martian hlp sectors. For some countys, the ship(s) just seem to, well, disapear. They never apear on the battlefield. exiting shows the ships to have vanished, like they never existed. Spooky

2) Memory

Martians invade one of the counties I occupy. Battlefield is about to load when I get the ominous error sound and:

No memory to load file dat\BMMBB.SSH

and then:

The instruction at "0x00466245" referenced memory at "0x0150d8c". The memory could not be "read".

The only thing I can think of is that it is somthing to do with the way XP and NT opoerating systems reference memory locations (happened on 2000 too)

Can anyone help me out?

hi im new here i am having a similar problem to the original poster. i am the martians and i invade the sector, as the loading screen is just about to disappear i get the error sound the program crashes and i get this error message.

No memory to load file dat\b16.hsh

Can anyone help? as i cant progress through the game.

Just wondering if there will ever be a fix for the tempest not firing explosive dno shells and the enemy units traversing deep water ?