Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jarves

system password

i had a problem!

my friend placed a password on my machines bios.

when turn on my computer before bios even scans for the hardware, before even booting it asks for a password!

how can i reset the password when before even the computer starts it ask for a password?

He's not really a nice friend if he does things like that.

Ask him for the password, or are you acually trying to get onto his PC? hmmmmmm smile

There is a way to do it by resetting the BIOS, but that resets the whole BIOS, try to get the password from your friend first.

is there any other way reseting the bios system pasword without opening up the computer??? like maybe there is a backdoor password set up by the manufacturer in case of emergency or something like that!

Nope, that password is set up to prevent anyone from accessing the PC at all, not even with a bootable CD, you will have to open the PC and look for the Reset Jumper, your motherboard manual should have all the details on how to do this.

hya! i've got a program that resets your password, but you can't read it. the programm is very small. it's a image and starts from cd in a dos style. i don't know the name, but i would send it to you with a e-mail.

my e-mail is: schimanskis@t-online.de

How does one start booting from CD, if the BIOS would not let you even start booting process?

Curious... ;D