Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
latino85

Could someone explain to me the best way to download.......

Ok ive fooled around with mp3's for a long time now..... but now im really curious about downloading tv shows/movies??? Ive heard of the bit torrent websites and even been to some of them but never really UNDERSTOOD it??

Basically i want to know the best way to download the complete 5th (FIFTH) Season of the Sopranos because im not lucky enough to subscribe to HBO????

Could someone tell me where, how, explain in detail????

is it easy???

It cant be too hard because im always runnin into friends and co workers whose friends' sisiter's boyfriend's cousin's neice "downloaded" off the net before it comes out?!?!?!?!?

Some help for a computer user who just wants to get nerdier??

If you want to know more about torrent files just Google it... and then download a linux distro.... laugh hehe, but seriously, google the term and you can learn lots that way- thats how i imagine most of us here learn new things initially.

As Peter suggests, piracy aint good and its a pity when good technology gets abused. But the time it would take to download hours of AVI files you might as well order it. Of course there are ways to get stuff from the net (you have mentioned a way yourself) and yes most of us are probably aware of these things.

However, there's one thing knowing about a cliff, its another to jump off!

Ok i am SORRY , "OH PLEASE FORGIVE ME" (NOT!)

Man look, HONESTLY i just REALLY want the FIFTH (5) Season of The Sopranos because HBO is too busy to put it on good ole DVD for the rest of the world considering the fact that the (FIFTH) season already ended MONTHS!! AGO and the SIXTH AND FINAL SEASON is about to BEGIN SOON, I MEAN what am i supposed to do HUH?!?!?!?!?, just PAY MORE MONEY TO MY ALRAEDY OUTRAGOUS CABLE BILL for HBO?!?!?! when all i want is one show, u think HBO is going to drop everything and play the 5th season over again just because i began subscribing>!?!?!?!??! I DONT THINK SO!!!!

SO PLEASE SPARE ME!!!! (peterh) your sissy lame explanation that PIRACY IS BAD OOHOHOHOHOH!!!!! im gonna get in trouble, um lemme think????? how many people buy blank media for Honest purposes?????

I WOULD GLADLY PURCHASE IT FROM A FINE RETAILER, just let me know when HBO will get up off their ass and do it!!!!????

So once again, could ANYBODY help me with the FIRST QUESTION??????

i don't condone downloading movies or music from the internet but is downloading tv shows really illegal? I am not trying to provoke a big discussion here but what is the difference between downloading a tv show which was broadcast free or recording it with a vcr and sharing it with your friends?

i am not talking about pay per view just your normal tv broadcast.

Quote:
Originally posted by latino85
Ok i am SORRY , "OH PLEASE FORGIVE ME"NOT!

Man look, HONESTLY i just REALLY want the FIFTH (5) Season of The Sopranos because HBO is too busy to put it on good ole DVD for the rest of the world considering the fact that the (FIFTH) season already ended MONTHS!! AGO and the SIXTH AND FINAL SEASON is about to BEGIN SOON

Good one! You learn that in grade school?

It's only been roughly 7 months. They probably weren't ready for a Christmas release...you know Christmas? It get's kind of busy around then. I doubt creator David Chase would want a rushed Fifth Season on DVD. Those commentaries (especially good ones) take a long time to set up.

Quote:
I MEAN what am i supposed to do HUH?!?!?!?!?, just PAY MORE MONEY TO MY ALRAEDY OUTRAGOUS CABLE BILL for HBO?!?!?! when all i want is one show, u think HBO is going to drop everything and play the 5th season over again just because i began subscribing>!?!?!?!??! I DONT THINK SO!!!!

Oh, I dunno. Watch something else? Go to the gym? Read a book? Play a game? Get a GF? Get a life?
That's the price you must pay if you wish to watch the latest and greatest. Shell out money. It's called life. The show has to make $$ somehow and The Sopranos is a big subscription boon for HBO.

Quote:
SO PLEASE SPARE ME!!!! (peterh) your sissy lame explanation that PIRACY IS BAD OOHOHOHOHOH!!!!! im gonna get in trouble, um lemme think????? how many people buy blank media for Honest purposes?????

You know, it's people like you that make those of us who do download for legitimate purposes look bad. Yeah, how about you "think". Thinking would be a start. Piracy is bad. Now I don't know how "bad" downloading Soprano's, let's see. To watch Soprano's Fifth Season you must subscribe to HBO to watch it. Alternative are having a friend tape it or search the internet for a torrent. Obviously having a friend tape it for ya wouldn't be deemed illegal so likely neither would be a torrent. Of course it's hard to say what HBO would have to say about all this. They'd likely deem the torrent as more of a threat (more distribution, higher quality, etc).

Tons of people buy blank media for honest purposes. School, backups, game backups, movie backups. (Yes, backing up your games and movies is legal.)

Quote:
I WOULD GLADLY PURCHASE IT FROM A FINE RETAILER, just let me know when HBO will get up off their ass and do it!!!!????
So once again, could ANYBODY help me with the FIRST QUESTION??????

Sure. Here comes that "thinking" thing again. Know what? I just spent 10 minutes researching and below is what I found out.

No, first of all this is NTCOMPATIBLE not c00l733td00dzd0wn740@d43r3!!!, Second if you can't figure it out yourself then obviously you shouldn't be doing it.

The following is what 10 minutes of "thinking" can do for you:

1st Season

On TV the last episode, "I Dream of Jeannie Cusamano" aired on 04-Apr-1999. The 1st season DVD wasn't released until December 12, 2000. That's 20 months or 1 year 8 months.

2nd Season

On TV the last episode, "Funhouse" aired on 09-Apr-2000. The 2nd season DVD wasn't released until November 6, 2001. That's 19 months or 1 year 7 months.

3rd Season

On TV the last episode, "The Army of One" aired on 20-May-2001. The 3rd season DVD wasn't released until August 27, 2002. That's 15 months or 1 year 3 months.

Fourth Season

On TV the last episode, "Whitecaps" aired on Dec 8, 2002. The Fourth Season DVD wasn't released until OCT 28, 2003. That's 11 Months.

So in case you can't read that much here's a breakdown of how long it took each season to get on DVD from final air date of TV season:

1st Season=20 months
2nd Season=19 months
3rd Season=15 months
4th season=11 months

See those figures? Are we seeing a pattern yet? Okay, now here's the biggie.

The Sopranos Fifth Season on DVD

The last episode of the fifth season of The Sopranos aired 6/6/2004.
It is currently 1/14/2005. So roughly 7 months have passed. It would be a fair assesment to say that since each DVD release has gotten shorter each time that sometime between now and april The Sopranos Fifth season may appear....or it might not.