Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TrakerJon

RedHat Security Setting? or Hardware Detection Issue?

I have a Realtec 8139 NIC that works fine with RedHat 7.3. It detects my cable connection with dhcp enabled without issue. When I upgraded to 8.0 the NIC will no longer activate. I've used lokkit and the network security tool to reset the iptables and verified settings, enabled dhcp at startup along with the auto dectect option without success? I've reinstalled the NIC, even manually configured dns entries. I went back to 7.3 and again no issues? Someone please help this newby out of the woods! hahaha :x

Is it the ipchains? Can someone give me a standard ipchain config for use with dhcp enabled (cable modem)? smile

8139too

That should do it just fine. Module had to be broken up as it was very hard to supprt all the 8139 chipsets with one module.

Code:
modprobe 8139toonetconfig

That should be good for you...

Well, out of confusion and discust I gave up on Red Hat 8.0's ability to make firewall config tools user friendly. Mandrake 9.0's laugh gui tools rock and I had absolutely no problem with NIC detection or dhcp recognition. Sorry Red Hat...looks like the French have got you beat on this release. wink