Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
melissasue

Time.Bat for 98 and NT Workstations

Hi,

Im wondering if someone could help me. I work for an organisation that records live audio to be transcribed.

The audio is captured using a programme called FTR and then transferred through to the server from the local machines.

What I need to do is get 8 win 98 and 7 NT Workstations to have the same time synchronisation as the server.

I have found a file called Time.bat and I am testing on my computer and have put it into my start up folder, it seems to be working okay but unfortunately I have to actually close the box once the script or .bat has run (excuse the language, Im not that good at this sort of stuff).

I have actually copied what is in the file which is below:

net time \\server /set /yes

What I am asking for if anyone knows out there what information I can put into this .bat file to actually automatically close the box down once the script has run.

Again, I would be very grateful for all information.

Thanks very much.

Regards

Melissa Sue

Hi.

Quote:

What I am asking for if anyone knows out there what information I can put into this .bat file to actually automatically close the box down once the script has run.

Modify your batch file to this.

Quote:

exit

The "exit" exits the command-line process when the batch file terminates.

Originally posted by Wilhelmus:

Quote:
Hi.

Quote:

Modify your batch file to this.

Quote:

exit

The "exit" exits the command-line process when the batch file terminates.

My gawd, is that it? Thank you very much for that. I will give it a go and I will let you know. Once again, thanks Im very grateful.