Compatible Support Forums
JayV

Outlook express 6 won't let me send to an address

Ok, I was searching the net for help with this, and you all seem to know what you're talking about. I have outlook express 6, and when I send email to my friend in the army through his AKO account, it won't let me. Yet, if I use my email in IE and not outlook, I have no problem sending him email. And this has never happened before with outlook, so I was just kind of wondering what I should do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This is what it says when I try to send the email. (name taken out of course).

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'NAME@us.army.mil'. Subject 'Re: Re:', Account: 'mail.uark.edu', Server: 'mail.uark.edu', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Relaying not allowed: NAME@us.army.mil', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

It only seems to be AKO accounts too, because when I try to email my own or my other friends it doesn't work. But when I email any other email address that's not AKO it works.

Check your OE address book's entry for your friend.

Make sure it's properly formed, and that you're not using a comma instead of a period.

(Yes, that HAS happened to me before, and YES I ended up feeling like a complete twit for the finger flub! hehehe)

Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is to add the AKO domain ("us.army.mil") to the Trusted Sites section of your IE's Internet Security section.

OE uses the IE's defined Zones to determine how it deals with the internet.

If, for what-ever reason, it thinks the AKO address isn't one it's allowed to communicate to, then it won't let you send mail there.

Adding it to the Trusted area should fix that.

(Be sure to close & relaunch OE for it to take effect.)

Otherwise, I'm not sure why it would be happening through OE but not IE.

=J

Hope that helps!