Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
swvines

Kanotix x-2004 partitioning problem

;( Help! ;(

I have finnaly got to install Kanotix on my Gateway. So I decided to install it on my Dell. I was able to partition but I am not able to install Kanotix on the partition. I resized my 70 GB partition for windows to 60 GB. Then I clicked on the Partition, The new partition from the windows partition, to create but I can't. It is all greyed-out. How do I install Kantix on that partition.

Thanks,

Stephen

OK Here is the layout

//Dos(23 MB or so)\Windows(60.00)\New partition(11.)\Dell Restore (2.3GB)\Blank(7.8MB)//

I can not format the partitions after they are created. All i have when i click on the partition is "&Proprty" .

What did you use to create the new partitions? The Kanotix installer won't allow you to format the blank space you opened up for it?

When setting up partitions for a dual boot scenario, QTparted can cause a lot of problems. Can you possibly get a hold of a copy of Partition Magic? By the way, can you still boot Windows?

The only thing I can think of at this point is to try regular Knoppix and see if it will format those partitions. If it will then there must be something going on with the Kanotix installer.