Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
prk_usa

Display Driver- Windows 2000 adv server-Dell Inspiron 5100

hello every one,

I am trying to find the display drivers for Dell Inspiron 5100 series on Windows 2000 Adv server. I could'nt find the drivers on support.dell, and checking out in google, but none seems to be working, I have display of only 16 colors...Hope I can get something out of this post..I've been loooking for the drivers for a while, If anyone has an idea how to update the disply drivers please let me know, Thanks for you help...

Ravi

I found this in a search, I hope it works because I am installing Windows 2000 on my 5100.

Posted by Brian Newbegin on September 16, 2003 at 22:50:27:

In Reply to: Re: ati mobility radeon m7 windows 2000 driver for dell inspiron 5100 posted by polo on August 23, 2003 at 08:49:29:

If you install Windows 2000 on your Inspiron 5100, the video drivers will not work until you follow these steps:

1. Update the bios to Version A22 or after

1a. Follow this link http://support.dell.com/filelib/format.aspx?releaseid=r65450

1b. This file contains an ISO image to be used to create a bootable CDROM image that, when booted from your CDROM drive, will flash your system BIOS. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to launch Roxio Easy CD Creator to burn to CD-R media.

1c. Boot up holding the F12 key to boot from CD.

1d. Follow the directions to update the Bios.

2. Update the driver using M7XPA00A.exe

2a. Follow this link http://support.dell.com/filelib/format.aspx?releaseid=r52900 or search the Dell website for this file. Don't worry that it says for XP only. It's not!

2b. Download the driver and then ONLY unzip the files to a location on your harddrive.

2c. Go to Control Panel Add/Update Hardware to install the driver (point to the .inf file).