Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JayRd7

Flight Simulator 2004 running question

Hi! I recently purchased Flight Simulator 2004. Here are my system specs: Dell Dimension 4500 @1.8 g P4, 128 mb RAM, 32 MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra Graphocs Card, SoundMAX Digital Audio... I want to be able to set the Display settings high, but when I do, the game becomes extremely laggy. I knwo I need more memory, but would you reccomend more memory or a better graphics card? If I got like 512 mbs of DDR (plus the 128 I already have) wouldnt that be enough to power the graphics card and the game, so the card can run at high settings? Wouldnt more RAM make the game run smoother/faster at high settings? I found tons of ram really cheap online, but graphics cards are expensive! If Im going to get a new one, I want to get maybe a 256 ATI, but the cheapest I can find is like $200! So, what would you reccomend I should do?

Thanks,

Jared G.

I would start with memory first, 128M is the bare minimum and FS2004 is v. resource hungry. Upgrade to 512M or even 1GB!

The Rage 128 is quite old now so upgrading to a Radeon card would be good step. Go for a mid range card e.g. 9600 or X600.