Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Darkmag

Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries

I found my old mechwarrior 2 mercenaries and want to run it on XP but asoon as I click to run it a window opens and then closes.Is there anyway I can get it to work ?

Okay I got it to run with vdms but when I do it opens a dos window and give me some tips and then says press any key to continue and when i do the game luanches but gets closed agian without even reaching the menu

I am having the same problem it says "press any key to continue" then crashes could this be because I have the Windows only version.

If a game crashes or freezes you can try the following:

1. Configure the game not to use sound. Does it run?

2. Only configure music, and try running the game again.

3. Finally, enable digital sound effects.

Even the most problematic games will run fine with music, and only crash when digital sound is enabled. 8)

you might also try this site to see if the game you are looking for will work with vdms. http://ntvdm.cjb.net/compat/ i hope you get the game working real fast. and if you do get it working right could you tell me how you got it working? thanks. smile

ok ok i opened the game with vdms and it stayed open longer but still crashed. when i try to alter the sound it does not work and when i try the site it does not come up. I REALY WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME BUT IT WONT OPEN. PLEASE HELP. :x

I have the same problem if you have any other suggestions plz e-mail me at taytay36fever@yahoo.com or megaduke144@aim.com

Thanks plz reply asap

alright so I've been trying to get MERCENARIES running as well.

I've decided to go the Virtual PC route and emulate Win95, since MS is offering VirtualPC 2004 for free now, and I thought it would be relatively simple to setup and may perhaps.

I've labored through getting Win95 installed on my Virtual Machine, and I've got Mercs installed and patched to V1.1 (optioned for the D3D install)

Everything seems to be working OK, all the way up 'till I launch. The game goes through the "synchronizing neurohelmet interface" deal, and proceeds to go to a black screen and stops responding. I've read that VirtualPC does not support Direct3D, which could very well be what is causing this crash. I'm not home though ATM and can't test whether or not patching w/o D3D remedies the problem. Any other ideas? I've no experience with VirtualPC prior to this, so I'm pretty much of a noob when it coems to the little do's and don'ts about this prog.

I'm running:

Dell Inspiron 600m Laptop (on a port replicator)

XP Pro

1.4Ghz Pentium M

1024MB Ram

64MB Mobility ATI Radeon 9000

External USB SoundBlaster Audigy 2 NX <--- could be an issue, haven't tried using onboard sound card

any expert help would be very much appreciated. feel free to email me at mcs47@drexel.edu

Yes, patch without D3D, it worked when I tried it 4 years ago. VPC does not support D3D at all. (Well software D3D for some older games....but not Mercenaries).