Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Silent_Assailant

Problems w/ NFSU2 and LAN? Here is the solution...

If you are having problems with your LAN by connecting to other computers without connecting to the "lobby" this is what you have to do:

Solution: Every computer that will be playing NFSU2 has to have the same default gateway and subnet mask (in windows).

Do set the default gateway and subnet mask: right click on the network icon that appears in the system tray. Click on status. click on properties. Click on internet protocol. Click on properties. Select "Use the following IP ADdress". Give each computer a unique IP Address (doesnt matter what it is ie: 123.123.123.1) Set a subnet mask and a default gateway (both also follow the 255.255.255.255 format) Set all computers playing NFSU2 to the same subnet mask and default gateway.

*Note if you host a game and have another computer connect and it hangs when it connects to the server, restart the hanging computer.

Also, when you want to connect to the internet again be sure to go back into the same properties window and change it back to "Obtain an IP address automatically".

Thats it!

Silent

Hey guys,

If anyone is still having problems getting LAN play to work in NFSU2, you might find this link useful - it's a program which will intercept the packets sent out by NFSU2 and change them to enable network play WITHOUT having to change subnets or gateways. There are Windows and Linux versions available. The only thing you'll need to do (apart from run the program) is open up the NFSU2 ports if you're behind a firewall (or get your router to forward them, if you have one)

http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~greg/nfsu2relay.html

We've tested it with up to 3 players, works like a charm! Enjoy!

ok i got 2 question

First: subnet mask and default gateway. Where i can set up them it is in internet protocol... dns server ? or its somewhere else...

second: i tired nfsu2relay... the program is not starting at all there is a black page thats pop up for like half a second and disapear ? is thats normal ?

Please help i just wanna Lan with my friends

btw im sorry im french

Read the instructions on the nfsu2relay page. You need to open a Command Prompt, and start nfsu2relay with two parameters - your IP address and your opponent's IP address. For example:

NFSU2RELAY 10.0.0.10 10.0.0.200

Well would u please help me im not a very experienced computer user. so if u can add me to msn please or any other comunication tool...my msn is lapointe85@hotmail.com

well me and my friends have all beast the game and we want to play in lan since its the only thing funny to do...

I need assistance on this issue, I am trying to setup a lobby so i can have more than 2 players, but no-one is able to enter the lobby to start a multiplayer game.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by illingworth56:

Quote:
I need assistance on this issue, I am trying to setup a lobby so i can have more than 2 players, but no-one is able to enter the lobby to start a multiplayer game.

Any ideas?

So do you all connect to the server first? If you get "connecting to lobby" stuck on the screen, with a cancel option, I think this means you haven't opened all the ports needed. CHeck the list at the NFSU2RELAY page linked above. There are five or more ports you must open, quite a lot. We got this problem, ocne we checked all ports it was OK.

Are you using the NFSU2RELAY program or are you on a proper LAN?