Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
twegreck

Cant Install Windows XP 64 bit

I have the AMD 64 3400+ (socket 754), the Asus K8N-E Deluxe (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1 gig dual channel Giel low latency memory, ATI Radeon 9600XT, 1 SATA HD (160 Gb, Western Digital), 1 E-IDE ATA HD (maxtor), 1 DVD rom, 1 DVD writer. Windows XP is installed on my C drive (the Western Digital SATA). During the installation of Window XP 64 bit (beta) I eventually get a blue screen indicating I need to disable memory caching or memory shadowing (my bios setup does not give those options), get the latest bios update (which I did), try a different video adapter, ...

Does anyone have clue to what is up with this?

Yeah, the F6 device driver may need to be updated.

Try using the FOLLOWING driver package and see if this helps out or not. Remember to copy over the correct drivers to a floppy disk so you can do an F6 install !!!!!

The other option is to install to an ATA/IDE drive instead of SATA wink

Thank you jmmijo.

I dont have a floppy in my system but I do have the CD writer. Can you provide me with a step by step to create a CD with all the neccesary files to do a F6 install?; i'm not sure i know how to.

Also, my C drive currently only has one partition. Do you think this was part of my issue?

I will re-partition it into 2, and install XP on one partition and XP 64 bit on the other.

Thank you for your help!

No, there isn't any way of doing this, you need to get a floppy drive wink

Sorry about this but these drives are very cheap you know.

This is the reason I still have one in each of my boxes due to the way Microsoft still works the F6 install process.

Perhaps one of these days they will allow you to choose something other then the A: drive laugh

As for the partition question, no this shouldn't have any effect on the install process other then it will show you if you have more then one partitioned/unpartitioned space available to install the OS onto...

I had exact the same problem and the problem is solved.I only update the bios after up[censored] the bios the xp64bit has been istalled easly.Be sure that you update the correckt bios.Now I have Problem at my ethernet it dose not work my board is "K8N" do any boady know how to solve this problem.

For your help the link is

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=K8N-E%20Deluxe&Type=All

Hi all,

I have the AMD 64 3400+ (socket 754), the Asus K8N-E Deluxe (nForce 3 250 Gb), 512MB DDR Kingston memory, BFG Nvidia GeForce 5500 256MB, 1 120MB IDE ATA HD (Western Digital), 1 CDRW drive. During the installation of Window XP 64 bit (beta), just after is says "starting windows" I get a blue screen with the error "STOP: 0x0000001E". I tried swapping Video cards (ATI 7500), RAM, I updated to the latest BIOS version but nothing helped. The blue screen still comes up. I'm out of ideas, can any one help?

p.s. Is it possible to run a dumpcheck from a floppy?

I have a asus k8n-e deluxe mainboard with 3200+ cpu

I had the same problem ( a blue screen ) by install

i have edit the iso file

with winiso 5.3

and overwrite the file: videoprt.sy_

in the amd64 dir and now its works

if somebody need the file

you can click on the link

http://www.freewebs.com/usa_hornsby/VIDEOPRT.SY_

or mail to

usa_hornsby@hotmail.com

and i have installed the

nforce_6.23_winxp64_international driver( i think it's a beta )

and now works mij onboard lan card

THANKS hornsby!!!!!

That solved my problem. It took 3 tries but it finally loaded. Thanks so much for that tip. I was ready to give up. Now on to drivers...

Originally posted by zen69x:

Quote:
Posted by jmmijo:

Quote:
No, there isn't any way of doing this, you need to get a floppy drive

Can too. wink

Custom install CD with extra drivers?

Near the bottom.

It is however, more of a template to follow than a step-by-step guide though.

Yeah, now I remember that thread, man too many gray cells have lost their edge now frown

Thanks for the reminder here wink

However, I do say that it is much easier to install a floppy drive or get a USB floppy drive and adjust your BIOS settings then to create one of these disks laugh

HORNSBY

I have a asus k8n-e deluxe mainboard with 3200+ cpu

I had the same problem ( a blue screen ) by install

i have edit the iso file

with winiso 5.3

and overwrite the file: videoprt.sy_

in the amd64 dir and now its works

if somebody need the file

you can click on the link

http://www.freewebs.com/usa_hornsby/VIDEOPRT.SY_

or mail to

usa_hornsby@hotmail.com

and i have installed the

nforce_6.23_winxp64_international driver( i think it's a beta )

and now works mij onboard lan card

================================================

Why if I overwrite the original files on the cd with the "videoprt.sy_", the cd doesn't boot anymore???

Can somebody help me????

Quote:
However, I do say that it is much easier to install a floppy drive or get a USB floppy drive and adjust your BIOS settings then to create one of these disks

Yeah... definately easier to just get the floppy. But where's the fun in that? laugh

Seriously though. I think I got tired of misplacing the floppy with the drivers and finding another disk that worked ::mutters something about floppy disk's lack of quality nowadays::

Hey trepasoui

open in winiso the winows xp 64 bit iso

overwrite the file videoprt.sy_ in the amd64 dir.

and click on save

burn the iso on cd and the cd is bootable.

you must not create a new iso.

i have did it this way and it works

Johan

ZEN69X

However, I do say that it is much easier to install a floppy drive or get a USB floppy drive and adjust your BIOS settings then to create one of these disks

=============================================

I try to did that but doesn't work on my pc.

Is there a file on the cd to install windows xp or xp 64-bit from the dos without bootable disk???

I heard about this but I don't remember.

Ok... I have basically the same system as the first one mentioned (AMD 64 3400+ with the K8N-E deluxe) and am having the exact same problem installing XP 64. Some message about checking my bios or shadowing or something.

Now I have read all these postings and have also downloaded those drivers from NVidia (the "internatinal" drivers, ver 6.25 for xp pro 64). BUT I dont know what to do with them once I installed them...

I also downloaded the file that was mentioned and copied it into the XP 64 ISO file (in the AMD folder).. I still am not sure what to do....

Would anyone be so kind as to write a quick 'step by step' guide for idiots like me? ;o)

I would appreciate this very much, as I am eager to see this sucker fly on a 64 bit OS. (After having a Pentium III 350 for 4 years I have some wasted time to make up for :o) )

Thanks...

Oh and btw I am using System Commander to make my partitions and to be able to dual boot OS's

KILLERBEAR

The answer to your is simple, but it's really pissed off when you don't know.

For the ASA K8N-E deluxe, you just have to install the bios update # 1007.

You can find this bios at http://www.asuscom.de/support/news/news1204.htm

for k8n-e deluxe. (I have the same motherboard and it works)

You can install the bios with EZ flash on the drivers cd for your motherboard. (I think it's EZ flash, so search for a program with bios in the name)

Good luck[size:10]Using font size 10[/color]

KILLERBEAR

You can install the bios with EZ flash on the drivers cd for your motherboard. (I think it's EZ flash, so search for a program with bios in the name)

=====================================

Most exactly with the ''ASUS update v.5.28...'' in the section utilities

I've been trying to install xp64, first it didn't boot from the cd that I created by using xp64.iso eventually I solved that problem after burning many cd's. Now it boots (i think ) from the cd and brings the dos screen which says:

Starting caldera DR-DOS:

.... (it says s.thing here)

.... (it says s.thing here)

Kb=

just it. It looks like I have to enter a Kb degree over there but I cannot enter anything. I tried to upgrade bios, nothing changed.

Any ideas???