Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jazzdrive

Extreme wireless problems.

Ok. We are having weird problems. Two of our computers simply stop aquiring network addresses from DHCP on our Windows 2003 Server with a wireless connection. Our other 8 laptops run fine with no problems. These two ran fine yesterday, but stopped today, and I can't figure out what the problem is. Firewall is not the issue. And the DHCP server is running fine because I can hook them up with a direct Ethernet connection, and it works fine. Plus, like I said, the other computers work.

On the client side of the comps that don't work, it won't even let me delete a wireless network, and it will not let me change the order of preference. Nor will it let me delete the connection, even when it is disabled. I've already tried uninstalling the adapters.

On the Windows Server 2003, I can't get anything to come up with the Wirelss Monitor. It shows the server, but then when I click on it, it says the binding handle is invalid.

This whole situation is incredibly frustrating, because it doesn't make any sense.

If you help us out, I will GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks alot.

You don't mention what clients you're running. Since you say you're running windows 2003 as a server, I assume the clients are Windows XP SP2. I've been doing a search on google for -"aquiring network address" xp-. Yes, the spelling is wrong.

My client is pointed at a Linksys 802.11b 4 port wireless router. Bef-whatever. Firmware is current at 1.51xx something. XP SP2, sits there saying 'Acquiring network address'. Same problem. Apparently a bug in SP2. Great. What would Microsoft be without buggy software?

Stew