Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wicked101

Which Water Cooling System would you take???

Which of these 2 would you say is the better?

This one:

C1030280.jpg

or:

B1030409.jpg

C1030409.jpg

I want to get one but I cant make up my mind wink

Depends on what you're looking for - the Zalman watercooler is almost totally silent, one of the main reasons it works so well is the large volume of water in the reservoir. It is, by all accounts, easy to setup. Because the cooling is entirely passive, it won't cool as well as the other model, but then it has near silence as its main benefit. That and the fact that it looks damned cool 8). I'm fairly sure that Zalman do blocks for the graphics card and northbridge as well (but don't quote me on that one)

As to the second - who's the manufacturer? It looks like a bog-standard Eheim pump, but I couldn't say who makes the other parts. This version will make some noise because of the fan and pump - but it's still quieter than air cooling your CPU. You should also be able to extend this to cool other parts of the PC, but check before you buy!

Bear in mind that you will still need some airflow through the case to cool things like hard drives - so you won't be able to get rid of fans completely - but you could get away with some low speed quiet fans.

Hope this helps

Rgds

AndyF

Thanks for the reply,

Here's the names and specs of both:

CPU, Kühler, Sockel 478, MAGNUM-478 Set

B1030280.jpg

Beschreibung:

MAGNUM 478 Wasserkühlungs-Set für Intel P4

Wasserkühler Magnum 478 Cu

Eheim 1048 Kreiselpumpe

Radiator Black Ice Pro

Titan Lüfter 120x120x25 mm

Schutzgitter für 120x120x25 mm Lüfter

Silikonschlauch 9.5mm + 2.0mm 2 Meter

T-Stück 12mm Kunststoff

2 Winkelstücke 12mm Kunststoff

Kunststoffstopfen rot für 10mm Schlauch

3-Pin zu 4-Pin Adapterkabel 12V auf 7V

Zalman Wärmeleitpaste 2g

CPU, Kühler, Sockel A + Sockel 754 + Sockel 478, Zalman Reserator1, ext. Wasserkühlung

B1030409.jpg

Beschreibung:

Externes Wasserkühlungsystem für CPU

Eignet sich für Intel P4, AMD K7 und K8 Prozessoren

Gehäuse aus Aluminium, aloxiert

Abmessungen(BxHxT) : 150 x 150 x 592 mm

Gewicht : 6.5 kg

Farbe : blau

Stromversorgung : eigenes Netzteil, 230V~/5W

Kühlungsystem : radiation

Wassertank : max. 2.5 l

Wasserschlauch : 3000 mm lang, Silicon

Wasserduchsatz : 300 l/h

CPU-Wärmetauscher : Zalman ZM-WB2 Gold

GPU-Wämetauscher : optional

Max. Höhenunterschied : 0.5 m

Sorry about the German:)

This can all be found on this wesite

I'm going to Heidelberg next week to buy one of these and believe me or not, I still cant make up my mind as to which one I want :x

Personally, I'd go for the Zalman - but only because it's quieter and looks [censored]ier! But that's only my personal preference!

It depends on whether you want performance or looks - the Zalman looks good, but isn't a spectacular performer (I think most of the cooling comes from the sheer volume of the reservoir - about 2l); the Eheim/Black Ice/Titan solution may give you better performance, but doesn't look half as [censored]y as the Zalman.

All IMHO of course wink

Rgds

AndyF

Originally posted by AndyFair:

Quote:
Personally, I'd go for the Zalman - but only because it's quieter and looks [censored]ier! But that's only my personal preference!

I know, it looks great, and the blue will match my PC, well, the lights in my PC, my PC itself is black with little red and a window on the side with blue lights and fans and one red fan and my screen card has 2 fans with built in blue lights.

I cant find a pic of my box, but this is a nice one too:)

C1170260.jpg

Quote:
It depends on whether you want performance or looks - the Zalman looks good, but isn't a spectacular performer (I think most of the cooling comes from the sheer volume of the reservoir - about 2l);

I like looks, but I think performance and reliability has the upper hand in this situation.

Quote:
the Eheim/Black Ice/Titan solution may give you better performance, but doesn't look half as [censored]y as the Zalman.

Eheim/Black Ice/Titan???

Originally posted by Wicked101:

Quote:
Eheim/Black Ice/Titan???

Sorry, the other option, the one with the separate parts in the picture.

Aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhh

Now I cant make up my mind, I was browsing around again (I know, I'm evil), I'm sorry.

But now I have to choose one of these 2 and I dont know which one to choose. The one is a lot cheaper but I still dont know which one to take.

1.)Thermaltake BigWater Liquid Cooling System - Universal 99€

WASE_011_1g.jpg?pID=2462

WASE_011_3g.jpg?pID=2462

2.)Alphacool Xtreme Pro Set 240 12Volt - Sockel 478 269€

WASE_026_1g.jpg?pID=2483