Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ViolentGreen

ATI and WMP and more

I just installed the latest ATI drivers and I have two issues. First of all, I don't like the ATI Control panel link that it puts in my right click menu. Any idea how to take it out? Also, my colors have been inverted in WMP for some videos. Is there a setting that's off somewhere?

Well, go into the ATi display properties, one of the tabs has a checkbox for the Control Panel in the Systray, this can be unchecked and on the next reboot it should be gone. Also, when you install the device drivers, you need to choose Custom install and you can then uncheck the ATi Control Panel installation at that point wink

As for the colors, that I can't help you with, I've not experienced any issues like this after installing any of the latest Catalyst driver packs...

Originally posted by jmmijo:

Quote:
Well, go into the ATi display properties, one of the tabs has a checkbox for the Control Panel in the Systray, this can be unchecked and on the next reboot it should be gone. Also, when you install the device drivers, you need to choose Custom install and you can then uncheck the ATi Control Panel installation at that point wink

As for the colors, that I can't help you with, I've not experienced any issues like this after installing any of the latest Catalyst driver packs...

Well the issue is the right click menu and not the system tray. The system tray isn't a big deal. The right click menu is annoying the piss out of me.

Originally posted by violentgreen:

Quote:

Well the issue is the right click menu and not the system tray. The system tray isn't a big deal. The right click menu is annoying the piss out of me.

Ah, now I understand, well I bet that may be a reg entry and I've not really looked for it as it doesn't bother me that it's there...

Originally posted by jmmijo:

Quote:
Originally posted by violentgreen:
Quote:

Ah, now I understand, well I bet that may be a reg entry and I've not really looked for it as it doesn't bother me that it's there...

That's what I assumed was the case. It annoys me to no end.