Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sjleworthy

cant completely erase a keylogger

hi guys

a few months back i accidently downloaded a keylogger from Evision Megapro.

I've since completely erased it with the various anti-virus/adware softwares i've got.

However, every now and then when i start certain applications up i get the windows message - "comlib.dll was not found. failed to load this application. please re-install" or something most similar to that. The applications i want to use then continue to load up fine. it's just this irritating message i get all the time.

As i say, comlib.dll is related to the keylogger from EVision Mega pro, which i deleted.

But presumably there's still registery entries that are still there relating to this. I've followed all instruction from this site to remove them - http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/e/evision_megapro.asp but none of the entries it listed were in the registry.

Any idea how to finally get rid of it? how i can find these rogue reg entries so i can erase them? know of any free s/w i can download to help me out?

cheers guys

Did you search for any reg entries with comlib.dll in them ?!?

You maybe right in believing some leftover entries are still in there.

Also check here in this location to see if something is still running from this malware.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

There will most likely be some other normal apps getting started this way, for instance NAV starts from here wink

yes, done a reg search but found nothing, yet im still getting messages.

i'll look where you suggest tonight when i get home. cheers.

i'll report back