Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vicky10

Please help I have no clue!!

Hi all. Hope someone can help me!!

Is there any way that I can download a graphics adapter from the net?? I need one desperately and I'd rather not spend £40 if it can be helped.

Vicky

Originally posted by vicky10:

Quote:
Hi all. Hope someone can help me!!

Is there any way that I can download a graphics adapter from the net?? I need one desperately and I'd rather not spend £40 if it can be helped.

Vicky

You do mean the hardware card itself and not the device drivers for a graphics card correct ?!?

If so then no, this is a hardware device and needs to be installed into the computer, usually the AGP slot, however you can also still find some PCI slot cards too.

The only reason I can think of why you are asking this is because your current computer is using onboard graphics and you want to play some games that require a better graphics card, is this correct ?!?

Its impossible to 'download' a graphics card over the net? You can buy a gfx card over the net? There are loads of companies selling gfx cards, try www.dabs.com for starters.

If you run DXDIAG.EXE and click on Display it will show you what you have already installed. BTW, gfx cards on notebooks cannot be upgraded. Desktop PC are ok.