Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

Nvidia 3.76 Drivers

Galilee : there will be no "control panel" in any official drivers...

Dicking with the vid card speed compromises stability, and stability is what NT/W2K is about...

you'll have to use PowerStrip and it's ilk to o/c your vid card...

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

CL TNT1 AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (no 120-day eval)

I spoke too soon. frown I'm getting random lockups again. It's not as often as 3.69 or 3.75, but it does happen. Also, it NEVER happens when I'm playing games. It runs games flawlessly, but just clicking around in Windows it'll freeze. It makes absolutely no sense. Windows doesn't stress anything, but games do...and it doesn't lock in games? Bah!

Pete

Know what ya mean - random lock-ups seem to have been a permanent feature in the months since I installed Win2k - totally random and never in-game.

Oh well, mebbe soon it'll be sorted if it's driver related frown

Exorcist

I just loaded the new drivers.... As of right now when I click on the SOF it takes about 5 sec.. and LOCKS up. I haven't done any othere tests yet... but what I am wanting to know is the CORRECT way to install new drivers. SOMEONE needs to come out with a good clear way of doing this! I have installed so many different ones it's not even funny. I think this COULD be my problem...

Any help would be great!

Abit bp6 400@600

Hercules tnt2 ultra

128 mb

ASiDiE

I don't mean to sound like a smart ass, but the readme file included wiht the drivers is the best place to start.

Arrggghhh, can't get the damned SOF demo to work at all.

Computer just hardlocks and have to hit the reset button.

Creative TNT2 Ultra and a PIII 450 (Neither clocked or anything)

Everything else runs nice and smoothly.

evil Homer.

I gave up on W2K untill Nvidia and Creative Labs release there drivers.

The hardlocks and the auto reboots and not having monitor refresh rates under games just sucks.

But W2K does work great on my Compaq 1825 laptop.

Well,

I just "upgraded" from NT4, and 3d apps run fine (better, in fact), but games have problems.

UT runs only in windowed mode, and this sucks. So I look for new drivers.

So I check on nvidia's website and find their latest drivers to be 3.68 or somethg.

Then I check <this> site, and read about 3.75 or somethg drivers.

If the latest drivers work, where can I find them ? And where do they come from ???

I have a dual PII 448, 256 MB RAM, a 2940U2W and (that's the point, but everyone here seems to tell the world what their machines are) a V770 (non-ultra).

Right, all I would like is decent performance and appearance for UT and Q3.

Gee ...

If you'd done some further reading, you'd find that the latest driver version is 3.76 - and it's beta. You'd also find several links to this and many other beta drivers - but I'll be kind and sat www.reactorcritical.com

The drivers that ship with W2K gold (2195) are version 3.53 and have no OpenGL or AGP support, hence the wondowed-only UT.

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

These drivers worked perfect for me right after I installed them. Then I edited the registry to fix the refresh rates and I installed Powerstrip. Then I rebooted and games would run perfect in the refresh rate I wanted. But, after the next reboot OpenGL has stopped working. I didn't install anything before the reboot, just played some HL. I checked the nvoglnt.dll in winnt/system32, and it was the 3.76 driver.

Anyone who knows what maybe wrong?

Nvidia needs to get off there ass and release real farkin drivers that work.