Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

Nvidia 3.76 Drivers

So whats the verdict on the new drivers good bad even worse? You still have to reformat ekstreme?

I loaded them and experienced lock-ups in games that never locked before....

Reverted back to 3.75 and things seem to be the way they were....

anyone else have ne luck?

========================

P3 450, Soyo 6vba133, 128 PC100, viper 770, SB Live Value, Adaptec 2940UW, Intel Etherxpress 100tx, panasonic 7502 cdr, tosh sdm1302 dvd,

[This message has been edited by captain17 (edited 09 February 2000).]

Well why can't i see them there DUH!????

Even after refreshing the page DUH!!??

Ok. I put the new 3.76 drivers on, and my CL TNT2 Ultra runs faster (dont know how fast, juts can tell..) in UT. It is a lot smoother to. So no problems on my end. Only downfall is NO TV OUT YET =(

I used to get problems with playing mpegs, avis, mov.. any type of video on my Diamond V770 (O/Ced to 185/160 mem/core) like when i double clicked the video to play it'd immediatly freeze the computer as soon as you played it.. that happened sparadically with previous drivers, it usually took 2 or 3 reboots to get it to work, then it'd work perfectly that whole session until the next reboot.. that seems to have been fixed in the 3 times or so i've rebooted to try so far. One problem i've been getting since the beginning is that with video acceleration on full in windows media player, moving the window around while it's playing video (I belive it happened even while paused) would cause the monitor to go into sleep mode.. thankfully i have powerstrip installed (it's what i use to overclock) so an alt-f4 to close windows media player and a ctrl-alt-s to turn the video driver to safe mode (640x480x256x60hz) would get the screen back to where i could restore my video mode.. that problem still persists. Real Player did it too i belive.. work-around was to disable enhanced video acceleration or whatever in real player, and turn hardware acceleration in windows media player down to nothing..

My system stats:

Abit BP6 (QQ BIOS, fresh install w/ACPI)

366x2 @ 523MHz (95MHz bus)

384MB PC-133 SDRAM

Diamond V770 @ 185/160

Adaptec AHA-2930CU SCSI Adapter

Sony Spressa 140S CD-RW (8x4x32x)

FUNAI 8x CD-ROM

Western Digital AC26400B (6.4gb) UDMA33 C:

Samsung WU33205A (3.2gb) UDMA33 D:

MS Intellimouse Explorer (USB)

Generic 33.6 ISA Modem

Linksys LNE100TX 10/100 Eth Adapter

Creative SB PCI 128

Epson Stylus 900 Printer (USB)

everything's working flawlessly except them video drivers. they give me so many problems.. and yeah, i did a 'clean' install of 3.76 by booting into safe mode and junking all the nvidia related files in C:\WINNT\System32, C:\WINNT\System32\dllcache, C:\WINNT\Inf

so it's not that they arent installed correctly.. or the overclocking cuz i tried turning that off and workin with it.. or any programs i have installed cuz a base Pro Final install + 3.75 did the same thing with mpegs.. could it be an SMP issue? Or do other people have these problems..?

Unfortunately 3.76 did not help my SMP box either... still getting an occasional crash when initialising D3D. Its funny, if D3D inits ok the game will run forever. But If you quit, start the D3D game again, sometimes it will fail when it attempts to switch to full screen D3D.

3.76 are fine with one just one CPU (both CPUs re-tested to make sure each one is still ok - which they both are). I hope nividia start testing their drivers on SMP machines soon and address the issue.

I still have these random lockups with 3.76 like I also had with 3.75 and 3.69. frown Only when I switch off AGP support in DXDiag my system seems to run stable. Hopefully nVidia will fix this soon... However Quake 3 runs a little bit faster now.

~ Kevin

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

MSI MS-6167

Athlon 500 MHz

256 MB RAM

Elsa Erazor III Pro

The 3.76 drivers don't lock up on me like the 3.69 or 3.75 did. Now, I have absolutely no problems with Windows 2000. I'm so happy. smile

Pete

HA! sorry for the late response YuppieScum, but no, I got em installed perfectly, ran pretty good, NO format.

Too bad I had to go back to NT4 because my F*****G SCSI card(s) keep giving ASPI errors in EZ CD!

Oh well, mebe in a week or so I'll be back into it smile

I have no problem with this driver, it works perfect smile

System:

P2 448 - TNT2 Ultra - 192MB Ram

Not too sure about random lock-ups, don't think I've had any yet.

That said, in-game performance seems to be much improved - with the Q3 maps seeming to look much better, and I'm not sure why as the settings are the same smile

Exorcist

I love these new drivers, the 3.75 would lock my system when trying to go fullscreen in d3d. I haven't had any problems so far with these, played around with diffrent d3d games mpeg video and other things that used to lock my system. No problems what so ever smile

tnt1

dual 366@550 on abit bp6

128mb ram

and a lot more.

just wondering, but does the soldier of fortune demo work with the new drivers?

riz

Yup, the soldier of fortune demo works fine.

Again though, it looks much better with these drivers....they're cool smile

Exorcist

I had some system lock-ups in Win2K running full screen D3D apps under the 3.76 drivers. I've had no problems at all with the 3.75 drivers so I went back to them. I'm running a Gloria II board on a stock Intel PIII 450.

Well 3.76 introduces the random lockups again (just like 3.69 and 3.75)! I reverted back to 3.65 and my system is stable again. What is the deal????

Well since there aren't any officially released, there must be problems. I think i'm just gonna wait until an official release is avaialble before messing with my video card drivers again.

-Q