Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sigor

SMC 2532 WB and Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe on Fedora 2/Win XP

Hello, i am new here and i am having few problems frown

I am having SMC 2532 WB card with PCI to PCMCIA adapter. Card is PCMCIA and it is inserted into Ricoh PCI to PCMCIA adapter. My motherboard is Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe and i was having problems installing this card on my motherboard. First, BIOS refused to assign IRQ to a card. In Windows XP i could only see Ricoh converter but SMC card was having IRQ conflicts with other hardware. Finaly, i resolved that by reinstaling Windows XP and using F5 option at install startup time to switch off ACPI. After that Windows XP took control over IRQ's and card finally was up and running.

But, that is not the end of my problems. On that same computer i have Fedora 2 (dual boot). I can see Ricoh converter, new device is sit0 but i can't see SMC card so my internet conectivity under Fedora 2 is off frown Did anyone had similar problems as i did? Does anyone have a solution for my problem?

Thank you all

Why all the work around with a pcmcia adapter? Did you just have a pcmcia wi fi card just laying around? You could save yourself headaches buy buying a normal pci wi fi card.

Well, my ISP gave me that card, it works very well when it works, but when it not works then not even suicide helps. Anyway, do you have a solution for me? I am stuck with this card and my beautiful Asus MB that doesn't like that card smile