Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
matttah

printing....

Sorry about the spam of questions i've asked lately, i'm tuning my system now=)

Ok i have cups installed and all...i have a psc 2110xi printer from hp...i've had it print before in linux(it just printed god awefully slow)...now it prints at a relatively normal speed, and i have cups 1.1.20 installed, and the new hp desktop driver running it, and it prints the color table on the test page perfect, but when i go to print from kde(anything from a picture in konqueror to a picture on a document in oo), the color is off. It has barely any color, and alsmot apperas that the image has faded for like 200 years. I have the dpi at 600...anyone know what is going on? i'm guessing i'm having some problem in kde, since the color wheel works but once trying to print it doesn't do the right colors...oh I tried it in gnome, exact same prob. Please help=) Thanks.

Daum

p.s. oh when it did print extremely slow back int he day(in fedora/slack) it had the right colors, but also back then cups configing was different you hand selected what drivers you wanted to use and what not...

whoa=p he has even the scanning part working...i have no idea how he did that i've spent soo loong...for the cups problem, the next cups when i do the set up of the printer, it doesn't give me the driver option instead it gives me http://img98.exs.cx/img98/1249/snapshot8.png those options..i liked it more hwne it let you select the drivers by hand.

Am i doing something wrong in the setup? I select usb printer(shows my printer) then select hp..then get to that screen.

Do i installed hpijs, and hpoj drivers do i somehow need to make them used by a hand? since they arn't showing on list?

Daum

Got it working had to restart the system to cups retsrat..for some reason doing /etc/init.d/cupsd restart and stop/start just did two red !!..anyone know why? now the challenge of getting the scan part to work.

Daum

WOOOT! IT WORKS! Well after i do a few commands..for some reason right now ih ave to do a killall -9 cupsd to end cups since /etc/init.d/cupsd stop isn't working. Anyone know why? Theni just have to do ptal-init setup then i can use xsane..anyone know a way that i can fix that cups prob, since right now it jsut always shows the !! since something goes wrong..maybe its how i start it?

Daum