Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Malaris

Half-Life 2 vs. Halo 2

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

Hehe

Guys who use consoles are freaks afrer all. They are obviously retarded and don't get it right: PC ALWAYS ROCKS. Consoles always SUCK.

Originally posted by Alexeyl:

Quote:
Hehe

Guys who use consoles are freaks afrer all. They are obviously retarded and don't get it right: PC ALWAYS ROCKS. Consoles always SUCK.

Hmm, that's a pretty blanket statement there, it's also completely false in that there are pros/cons to owning both types of machines wink

Hell I know a few that own them both, I myself am thinking about this very thing, getting an Xbox so I can play Fable first then perhaps the Halo series laugh

My vote HL2. It DOES have multiplayer, there are now several MODS popping up for it, 1000s of maps already, and you don't have to own a console. Some of the mods i have alpha tested are going to be pretty darn cool.

Halo 1 sucked serious A$$ on the PC, the story was lame and the motion sucked. I wasn't at all impressed with Halo 2. The graphics kinda suck on xBox anyway, no FSAA etc. BTW I play my games on my PC with a nice HUGE widescreen monitor, a nice easy chair, surround sound and the CHOICE of keyboard and mouse or controller. Whoever has the superiority complex regarding consoles vs PC is an idiot. You must think all of us have 15" monitors, a crappy desk, crappy speakers and a mouse and keyboard...Nope. My games load faster, look better and are more enjoyable than consoles...I can either voice or text chat with other online players and I don't have to pay a monthly subscription IN ADDITION to my ISP's fees to play online!!! And I can still watch TV while I play, lol...

PCs will always be better for most games. Consoles are ok for some games, most people don't realize the graphics card in xbox is severely outdated, what is it like a GeForce 3? When the game is ported to PC it always looks and plays much better. When they ported over a very popular FPS to xbox a year or so ago i was so NOT impressed. The graphics looked very subpar and the features were dulled and dumbed down, like a "lite" version, pffft!

Nothing beats the responsiveness and accuracy of a nice laser mouse (in FPS) for aiming your crosshair while running your a$$ off in a map. Every tried to play Quake Arena with a controller? YEEEEESH!!!!

Just read my name and see my opinion. I gave halo 2 a chance but when i heard a sequel to half-life was going to be released with awesome graphics, i put my halo 2 cd in the mic. Half-life 2 is so much better.

It has a real physics engine instead of half working on halo 2. I bet you halo 2 people dont know what the hell that is. Im sorry but you halo 2 people have to deal with analog graphics on the tv. We Half-life 2 people have somthing called digital grapchic and its not streched.

You know I created a profile just to voice my opinion. I hope you halo 2 people dont be ignorant and closed minded and only hate halo 2 because you dont have a PC (the master of all graphics) or your friends never heard of or played half-life 2. So think about before you post.

Just read my name and see my opinion. I gave halo 2 a chance but when i heard a sequel to half-life was going to be released with awesome graphics, i put my halo 2 cd in the mic. Half-life 2 is so much better.

It has a real physics engine instead of half working on halo 2. I bet you halo 2 people dont know what the hell that is. Im sorry but you halo 2 people have to deal with analog graphics on the tv. We Half-life 2 people have somthing called digital grapchic and its not streched.

You know I created a profile just to voice my opinion. I hope you halo 2 people dont be ignorant and closed minded and only hate halo 2 because you dont have a PC (the master of all graphics) or your friends never heard of or played half-life 2. So think about before you post.

Hmm well I'd think halo 2 is a whole lot more fun than half life or half life 2.

Sure, I know using a mouse and a key board is much better. I think the console controler sucks balls but its worth the trouble for a kick ass game like halo 2.

The missions on half life is better than halo, I mean a spartan trying to kill an alien armada and the flood? I mean whats that about? But multi-player on halo really kicks ass! Before I got halo for PC I plyed half life 24/7. I thought Counter-Strike and CS source was the best game ever made or ever will be made. I even thaught halo was a stupid game b/c i never actually plyed it. One day my friend got me to play halo on xbox I just fell in love with it right away. It was so much more fun than CS.

Cs and CS source is, well like a dude walking around then another dude pops out boom he kills him, walks on... boom he kills another guy!... walks on aw... he got killed.

Where as halo is an all out war between 2 sides and all these dudes everywhere running around killed the other team and tanks and warthogs etc. Its non-stop action everywhere.

When I actually got halo for PC I never plyed and half life games at all anymore. Except for once I let my friend borrow it and I got bored so I plyed a little CS Source and I realized how boring it was, I mean "terrorist wins!" "counter terrorist wins!" It was so repetitive!!!

And all those HL2 ppl never plyed halo 2 b/c all they have is a PC. I used to be one of you guys.

And the Console can be good too, I get to relax on my soft comfy couch with a nice refreshing six pack and my stereo turned up to the max with my 54 inch plasma screen TV. And invite a couple of my friends over and tell them to bring their xboxes and TVs and have a kick ass halo 2 night on xbox live. yep, I can have much easier all-nighters like that than sitting 2 feet from my little PC moniter all night/day.

When/If Halo 2 comes out for PC that would be so kick ass! I would be the 1st to buy it. Or when Halo 3 comes out for xbox 360 and i think we can plug a keyboard and a mouse into it, I would never leave my house again. I would have all the pleasures i talked about above and i would be able to use the PC controls.

In the end i just enjoy halo more. It has better graphics, physics, (I love how when a dude drives up in a warthog, u shoot it with a rocket laucher the warthog flips over a few times and the guy gets thrown out of the vehicle dies, and flies like 25 feet in the air. I also like how guns actually shoots a projectile unlike CS where you fire a gun and a little spark instantly appears where u aimed at. On CS you can shoot from like 200 miles away and a bullet hole will appear as soon as you hit the trigger, whats up with that? Yep so i like halo 2 better.

But if you want a better game you should try battlefield 2 =)

Originally posted by Mutasem Semakieh:

Quote:
Originally posted by arkonmx:

Quote:
Halo 2 is boring,

."

Halo 2 is boring?? what about the other 5 million or mabe more sold? do you think your right? did u play multiplayer?...

see i have some thing for you... If you live in a closet with no one to play with and not xbox live! Then half life 2 is totaly yours to love! but dont be hateing on a game that has LOTS and LOTS of fans....

Hi. Did you know that Counter-Strike has been the most popular first-person shooter internationally for the past 6 years?

You should also note that Halo 2 is only a notably popular game in the United States of America. Not even in Japan is this game popular.

And you should really try not to like things just because everyone else does. Makes you look...incompetent.

I had to get in on this, IMO HL2 is better simply because i loved the physics engine and the story line + you get gravity gun which you gotta admit kicked major ass. Halo 2 i liked BUT i didnt find it as interesting and as fun to play as Half life 2. Also its not just graphics that make a game smile.

Regarding Mutasem Semakieh's argument that older games sucked, i like playing the older classics now and again, I only wish i had managed to get Unreal tournament 2004 while i could (damm ps2 games lol) i love playing games like doom2 because they always make me laugh and are good fun to play.