Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Malaris

Half-Life 2 vs. Halo 2

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

"looks like 90 % are PC freaks and wouldnt spend a penny on a console"

Why do fanboys like these, think PC gamers can't afford a console?

High end PC = $3000 range

Xbox = $200

Which one is cheaper, I wonder shocked

And with PCs you can customise the graphical power you want to suit your taste

WAFFLER...

your review was fine till I read the part where u saying ''halo dont require team work'',,,!!!!! let me just tell you that your %100 worng on that. first, I never play with people that i never played with, i dont just go to matchmaking, and to put me with noobs that dont know shit! when i play, i bring the people that ive played with to my room, then we all get ready and play games like ''team skirmish'' or ''team slayer'' ! we dont kill each other for the points. when ur talking to me, ur talking to a really professional halo player. we as a team, and of cource me<< are pretty good halo 2 players that dont play with levels lower that 20 or so. Let me guess... your a noob arent u?? dont be mad, theres nothing worng with being a noob in a game. as u said before.. your a keyboard and mouse player, and those people never get to beat people like me or my clan. my account is VEGAMO send me a friend request in xbox live so ill teach u a lesson that u will regret.

and could some one tell me wtf is that review above me means??

I have a PC you dumb ass, my pc can run half life 2. But no matter how good ur pc is, u will always have crashing problems or other problems that dont have to do anything with ur PC power. Im gonna wait till half life 2 comes on xbox then play it. try to re-read some thing before you start making comments. its still early for consoles to be compared in (hardware) with PC's, but give it a couple more years and see how pc is gonna be left behind in gaming. alot of people right now are starting to quit on their Pc's and starting to play consoles, soon you will see how its all gonna turn the other way around and consoles will rule the world in gaming. I think that I dont like to wait Installing a game, I dont like crashing problems or any other file problem, I dont like typing to my friends while playing, I dont like to wait for windows to come up in order for me to play, I dont like that we cant rent pc games, we bought a 2700$ PC 5 month ago, and I played small games like diablo 2 and STILL crashed on me! wtf?? dude take ur pc and get the hell out of here. Right now, there are more console players than PC players, soon you will see whats gonna happen.

I'm going to say it right now. As far as I'm concerned, the best FPS ever, on either PC or Console is Deus Ex (the original).

Best story & gameplay plus new adaptations of the genres, not to mention a great redesign of the unreal engine. Even if it is a little long, treated as episodes, it has great replay-ability.

Now with this argument that is getting very silly - consoles do have major advantages, however in order for them to remain viable games have to be written in older technology or you upgrade your console entireley and put the old one in the kids room or use as a boat anchor.

PC games are able to take advantage of new technology and older technologies can use the games by turning down the details etc.

Now, for people who don't play FPS but rather RTS or TBS or solitare a console is not the go. This is why PC still is the best all round games platform as it is not limited to shoot/fly/drive/fish etc games.

That being said, i'm still waiting for prices of HALO2 for Xbox on eBay to come down to the $AU40 that I'm willing to pay for any games.

So because you play with people you know, and you play with people as a team, that means that team-work is a pre-requisite does it?

No, it doesn't.

I don't have xbl, so I can't although I do play around my friends house every now and then and do pretty damn well. I'm not argueing about who is a better player, it seems to me that you want to play me at halo and beat me because I have a differing opinion to yours. Or perhaps it's to cover up the fact that you realise your comments are immature and you want to 'beat' me at something else?

Again, I could argue with all of your points, and I hope that the mature people on here will agree, but I'm not going to due to frustration caused by you. The controller vs. m+kybd has nothing to do with my arguement.

Deus Ex is hell of a game, and still grabs my attention now, but saying it is the best fps ever? to be honest, I think that's kind of an overstatement. One of the best? yes. An all time classic? definitely. However, and I am sorry to say this, Deus Ex just doesn't cut it against the 'big boys' anymore. Saying that, Deus Ex 1 over Deus Ex 2 anyday!:P

I may have gone a little over the top with "best FPS ever" to the point where I sound like a 16yo fanboy.

I'm playing it again for the sheer fun. My absolute favourite weapon is the fully upgraded sniper rifle which gives you point and click assasination power with no sound, recoil or sway.

Favourite levels are the New York ones because of the real feel of them. Having been to some of these places when I was on holiday makes it even cooler. Same feeling I get playing Max Payne.

Originally posted by Mutasem Semakieh:

Quote:
its still early for consoles to be compared in (hardware) with PC's, but give it a couple more years and see how pc is gonna be left behind in gaming. alot of people right now are starting to quit on their Pc's and starting to play consoles, soon you will see how its all gonna turn the other way around and consoles will rule the world in gaming.

LOL! This has been stated as early as the SNES (at least to my memory). PC's are still here and still going strong. Your statement about people quitting PC's is wrong too. Really. What are they going to do? Throw out their PC and just play console? NO. In reality the one's who do "switch" to console will play most of their games on console and still play some games on PC. When their PC get's old, they buy a new one, with improved CPU and graphics power they then may primarily use PC, use both console and PC equally, or still use console primarilly.

It is still quite a ways away until the "console" "replaces" the PC.....and the PC equivalent will always be around no matter what kind of "console" you have in the living room.

Quote:
and could some one tell me wtf is that review above me means??

I have a PC you dumb ass, my pc can run half life 2. But no matter how good ur pc is, u will always have crashing problems or other problems that dont have to do anything with ur PC power. Im gonna wait till half life 2 comes on xbox then play it. try to re-read some thing before you start making comments. its still early for consoles to be compared in (hardware) with PC's, but give it a couple more years and see how pc is gonna be left behind in gaming. alot of people right now are starting to quit on their Pc's and starting to play consoles, soon you will see how its all gonna turn the other way around and consoles will rule the world in gaming. I think that I dont like to wait Installing a game, I dont like crashing problems or any other file problem, I dont like typing to my friends while playing, I dont like to wait for windows to come up in order for me to play, I dont like that we cant rent pc games, we bought a 2700$ PC 5 month ago, and I played small games like diablo 2 and STILL crashed on me! wtf?? dude take ur pc and get the hell out of here. Right now, there are more console players than PC players, soon you will see whats gonna happen.

I think there are more games for the PC than all the consoles combined man. Besides, most console games get ported to the PC anyways ROFL.

And crashing problems? My PC doesnt crash. Your PC must have bad sectors on its HD or isnt a clean install.

Know where to get your hardware man. And PC's will never get left behind, because thats where the consoles get their technology from. The Xbox has all the workings of a PC. Heck, you can even use the XB hardisk on a PC. Consoles and PC will always improve, but I doubt what you said of "consoles taking over" will materialize . wink

Because I am PC user, I choose Half-Life 2.

+: Havok physics engine. Awesome graphics.

-: some Steam problems with offline mode at first and decrypting took ages...

Big plus was it actually worked smoothly on my computer, even it was below minimum requirements.

Yeh, there is hell of a lot of tweaking you can do to make HL2 run on lower-end PC's. (I got it working on 128mb ram, 64mb intergrated gfx, 1.5ghz processoer 8) )

But am I the only one who doesn't have problems woth steam? I think it works well considering the massive load on their servers, and decrypting only took around 30 mins. Which for several Gb's of files is acceptable IMO.

However, as I understand it some people were not fully aware of the requirements of HL2. IE an internet connection.

I read in some gaming forums a while ago that some guy bought HL2 without knowing this so cant play it. And in another forum, someone brought a brand new 56k modem, because they are d/lding the entire game of steam (a US buyer).

We worked it out, and it would take 12 solid days to d/l it all.

This may seem skinda funny to some of u, or perhaps that it is his own fault bcoz he didn't fully research into it.

However, imagine (I AM stereotyping here, and I AM NOT using a real situation to my knowledge) if a single mum went out and bought that for her son, thinking she was giving an amazing present, only to find out that this isn't a very good internet speed to d/l HL2. So her son can't play on it. (well it lightly plucked my heart strings if it has happened!)

I think they neede to be more active with their supply of information regarding the whole HL2/steam thing.

Originally posted by Waffler:

Quote:
I got it working on 128mb ram, 64mb intergrated gfx, 1.5ghz processoer

254mb ram, 64mb agp, 800mhz. wink

Quote:
Yeh, there is hell of a lot of tweaking you can do to make HL2 run on lower-end PC's.

Agreed.

/* abit offtopic..

I tweaked my hl2 with this tweaking guide:

http://www.tweakguides.com/HL2_1.html

*/

Im not talking about HL2 here. In my entire life of playing on pc.. I get some crashing problems like. #55934jt missing file or some other DLL kind of shit.. U know what i Mean>? on consoles u dont get that. BUt guess what?? I quit playing on my pc because of those boring games they starting to make... what about games like Metal Gear Solid 3... what about GTA san Andreas? let me guess.... dont u think later consoles will support keyboard and mouse and be able to play games like warcraft ? I think its possible. my point here is that consoles are getting closer to Pc's capability! couple more years you will see xbox 2 might be able to browse the internet! download mods! or all that other shit. any thing that prevents a game from crashing on him just because of a file acting up.

Quote:

Quote:
*sigh*

and about you waffler.. why the hell did you even open this room if ur gonna disagree with every review I make? Ill tell you what, when half life 2 comes on xbox (with online play) then ill start comparing. *sigh* looks like 90 % are PC freaks and wouldnt spend a penny on a console. Just let me tell you some thing.. When i wanna play a game, I like to sit on my leather sofa, with cold drinks next to me,with a 54 LCD Flat screen TV, and a nice ass xbox controller with ( VIBRATION ), PC?? when I sit on PC for a long time you start feeling like ur starting to grow a hunch back! I dont give a Monkeys ass if key board and mouse are classic, it DOESNT simulate the real feeling of shooting a gun. If you think Xbox doesnt have nice graphics, then wait for Xbox 2!

Must be nice to be able to spend your money on what ever you want.

Nice setup.

But playing the same game on a pc or xbox, the pc is gonna win everytime for me. I do have a MAME pc setup in my living room, with PS2 controllers, and sidewinder joysticks smile

I also have an N64 (Goleneye & Zelda rocked), but don't use it anymore (unless I'm ill sometimes, and I want to be transported back to the land of Zelda). I do play round my bros on his xbox, and I enjoy it, it's great for when all the lads get together witha few guinnesses etc.

I just can't justify spending all that money on a console, when I spend what I do no my PC.

Quote:
couple more years you will see xbox 2 might be able to browse the internet!

You can do that already with a modded Xbox. (An xbox is a barebones pc anyway)

I just think you need to chill with the comments man. Everybody has their own views on what they like. No-one is wrong.

I like both, but prefer PC, but I aint gonna ram it down your throat.

Quote:
...any thing that prevents a game from crashing on him just because of a file acting up.

I've seen many PS/Xbox games completely hang requiring the machine(s) to be re-started. Fair enough, it may not happen as much as some PC games, but once is enough. At least on the PC you have the ability to patch the game and fix the problems in most, if not all cases.

I bought Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly for the PS2 and it was the most bugged (read un-finished) game I have ever come across; on any system too. That cost me 30 UK pounds and there was no way I could make the game playable. The shop wouldn't refund my money, as in their mind, the game was in the proper [non] working condition as supplied from the publisher. Thank God for eBay.

As for stability on the PC, I have never had any problems with any of my games, Half-Life 2 included (and I've probably bought over 20 in the last year). I'm sure if you asked many of the seniors on NTC, they'll probably say the same thing... funny that! wink

EDIT - Going back to the HL2 vs Halo 2 thing. Let's just say that they are both very good games in their own right. The important thing to remember is that Halo 2 will be way better on the PC than it's XBox dwelling counterpart. 8)

I'm not into consoles mostly because what I play (FPS) works better with a mouse and keyboard better than a control pad. I also like to tinker, so the consoles don't give me that much. I think for some stuff like fighting (Street Fighter, Soul Caliber, etc) a console is more suitable. I don't think that PC > Console is always true, nor vise versa. Now I did play Halo on the Xbox, and it seemed to be pretty good, but the controls just weren't familiar to me. I did like how you didn't have to push three buttons to do one thing (my main beef with FPS on consoles) and it wasn't really confusing either.

All this, and i think they were pretty close, but my vote goes to HL2.

Reasons:

Halo2 was the biggest single player let down in history. It works up that really great story line and drops you right at the most climactic point. I was like... wtf? That's it?

Ok, i DON'T Want to be an elite. I want to shoot them and watch them scream and cry. I don't want to be one. I could just kill some poor elite bastage and steal his sword.

I don't want grunts on my team. I want to kill them. I want to hear them cry for mercy

"Oh god, he's everywhere"

"Leader dead! Run AWAY!"

"fire In the... oh crap!"

Half-Life 2 kinda had me riled up for Counter-Strike. I played HL all day yesterday (HL1) so i could get the storyline down for HL2. CS, just kick the poo out of the Halo2 Multiplayer. You can't deny it. It just does.

Quote:

Hopefully any opinions posted here will persuade you to get HL2. wink

BTW, I really like Halo 2 aswell, I just prefer HL2, I sounded a bit biased earlier.

OK, just started playing HL2 now, man the eye candy is so sweet, I love the water reflections and physics now. Looks so much more real then just a couple of years ago. It helps to have one of the nextgen gfx cards too, an X800 Pro smile

I voted for HL2 only because I don't own an Xbox console, nor any console for that matter.

Besides I think when/if I do purchase an Xbox I'll be picking up Fable first laugh

hehehe, another man is converted!

Honestly though? You ARE missing out on having a console, as in general the games for them are much more 'pick up and play' but they also have hardcore games for proeper 'gamers' and basically anything in between aswell.

Fable? Great game, not played it myself but heard about it from friends who I tend to agree with in gaming opinions, looks pretty sweet aswell.

Anyway, as long as you're enjoying gaming, its all good! :P

ps. played counter strike source yet?

Quote:
...........ps. played counter strike source yet?

Nope, I've not played any of the Counter Strike: Source multiplayer yet. I'm sure I will, however it will not be as fun as it was a few years ago when some co-workers of mine got together for a huge LAN party and played until we were exhausted smile This was the original CS of course...

i have to say i like both games. I played half-kufe 2 the day it came out and loved, it is as close to perfection as a game can be. However i hav just finished playing halo 2 on my mates xbox, we finished it on normal in about 5 hours and although it is very enjoyable it is not as great in terms of innovation, and player inclusion as HL2. It feels like halo on steroids. with the new features just added on to the original halo formula. But it is not as good as HL2 it adds hardly anthing new apart from the multiplayer (which is great). my only real pro for halo against HL2 is that it is alot of fun when playing with a m8 in coop, halflife 2 cant touch the xperience of helping each other take down hunters it is sooo much fun:) but when sven 2 cmes out even this will be inquestion. in my opinion anything halo 2 can do halflife 2 can do better.

CS source, is awesome. The memories were bought back playing in de-dust. Although Im waiting for Jeepathon and Jeeprally to come out since the new physics engine will ensure you dont fall off your jeeps and die for no reason ;p

and thus more fun