sequenced

A7N8X-E Deluxe spontanious rebooting

Hi there,

I have the following system

A7N8X-E Deluxe

AMD Athlon XP 3200 (Barton)

2 x Kingston 512MB 184Pin DIMM PC3200 DDR RAM Non-Parity CL2.5

Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis 256mb Graphics Card

Whenever I try and run the machine at 200MHz dual channel no sooner than the machine boots into XP then it reboots itself. The machine runs fine @ 166MHz... any idea's what may bethe problem?

cheers 4 any help

It might be boiling smile only thing I can think of at this stage is that your PC is cooking. Try getting a better CPU fan in there or some more venilation going inside that box.

It may be a heat issue. But, since it can reboot after you have upped the FSB, (and the processor is no worse for the wear) it is quite possibly the memory. It may not be stable at that speed and it too may be exceeding its heat specs.

Reboots are very often caused by bad memory. What revision of the A7N8X do you have? The older revisions (I have a 1.4) don't support the 400MHz FSB. I have had similar problems trying to overclock my FSB.

Hey guys, I've got sorta the same problem and have been trying to figure it out for about 3 mo. now. I've got the a7n8x-e deluxe with 2 kingston 512 pc3200 sticks and every now and then if i get into a really intense game or something that would be pushing the computer, it will either kick out the program, reset the computer (just like i hit the reset button) or give me a blue screen with some sort of a hex error.

I think I pretty much narrowed it down to the type of ram I have. I switched out the 3200 for 2700 and it is more stable, but still happens at maximum load in a very graphics heavy game. but before i go and buy a diffrent type, is there anything that you guys would reccommend for total stability? I'm leaning towards 2 512 corsair xms 3200. Anyone's opinions or thoughts on the situation?

Also I dont think heat is an issue, but i know that it does get a bit hot when really pushing the computer. I've seen it top about 52c 53c at full load. I know heat could cause the reset, but i dont know if that is hot enough. I would think that would just severly hinder performance. (i'm working on cooling issues now)

Thanks guys,

Bryan

*edit* oops, also 3200xp barton cpu, evga nvidia 6800

Had the same prob, turned out to be the CPU croaking. Heat sink was shot + fan bearing was gone.

It got to the Windows Boot screen flashed blue screen then went black then rebooted. The only error I was able to see was "Paging fault in a non-paging area"