Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
p30n

BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL help me

ok, this is how the story goes.

i was running win2k3 server, and it started rebooting occasionally,(when i watch a movie on tv out or when im playing SWG or other games, sometimes it goes for 5 mintues and BSOD, sometimes it goes for 2 hours and BSOD) i disabled the auto reboot thing and got blue screens, i have 3 BSODs i get BAD_POOL_CALLER, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA and the most common IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(in 2k its says it has something to do with ntoskrnl.exe) ok, i thought lets install winXP instead and so i did, i had a copy of sp2 integrated, guess what, same problem, then i installed win2000 sp4 as i believed that to be the best win version. the same thing with win2k. this is like 2-3weeks ago and since that i have reinstalled and formatted probably a few dozen times, and i have also tried 3 different RAMs kingston hyperx, twinmos, and some other kingston.

i have also tried 2 different motherboards (asus a7n? nforce 2 ultra 400, epox 8rda3+ nforce 2 ultra 400) and 2 different video cards.(geforce 5900xt and radeon 9600xt) i have also changed the power supply to a 400W.

this is getting really annoying as ive spent about 400€ on computer parts just to get it running and im still having the same friggin problem.

if any1 could shed a little light upon my life now i would be thankfull forever. my computer is my life, and atm i dont have a computer or a life :´(

comp info:

AMD 3000+ barton 400fsb

epox 8rda3+ nforce2ultra 400

2x kington 512Mb DDR400

geforce 5900xt 128mb

2x 120Gb seagate barracuda

nexus 400W power supply

LG super multi dvd writer

Howdy, this aint a nice problem, seeing that this happens with different operating systems the only problem could be Hardware or Drivers, try the latest drivers for graphics, Sound and motherboard chipset, but, with all the other hardware you tried it could be something you didn't change or still Driver issues.

Look at the Stop error and give me the driver name.

This Stop message should have four parameters:

1.) Memory address that was improperly referenced.

2.) IRQL that was required to access the memory.

3.) Type of access.

4.) Address of the instruction that attempted to reference memory specified in parameter 1.

If the last parameter is within the address range of a device driver used on your system, you can determine which device driver was running when the memory access occurred. You can typically determine the driver name by reading the line that begins with:

**Address 0xZZZZZZZZ has base at <address>- <driver name>

forgot to say that i have latest drivers for all hardware, nforce4.27 and geforce61.77 etc.

i will check on the device adresses etc when i get home, i will report further in a few hours....

Well from experience this is most likely being caused by bad/incompatible/faulty memory.

Here's what you need to test to see if it is indeed a memory issue:

1) Remove all but a single stick of memory from the machine and do a clean install, i.e., reformat a test HD and install either 2K or XP and see what happens during the install process and after all SP's and driver updates are installed.

2) If this works then you need to mark that specific stick of ram, I use those nice colored round labels for this so they can be easily removed.

3) You can check the motherboard manufacturer for the latest BIOS rev and flash your firmware. This is neccessary due to the fact that many times the updates are there just to fix/correct timing and other issues with the multitude of ram modules out there wink

Sometimes you find a name brand module will not work properly in a specific make/model of mobo. Also note that any Dual-Channel board, regardless of wether it's an Intel or AMD CPU based board, is going to be even more picky about memory timings and such wink

Here's an example of such a memory timing problem.

We have a client that uses Intel mobo's exclusively and they are using one config for general workstation use using a Celeron D, Model 320 CPU. Now we thought that DDR333/PC2700 memory should work in dual-channel mode, but not on this board. You have to reconfigure the memory for single-channel mode or replace said memory with DDR400/PC3200 for proper operation. Perhaps Intel figured you'd only use this since it pretty much costs the same as the slower ram anyway wink

atm it seems like the only thing i had to do was to move mem#1 to bank 3 and mem#2 to bank 2. it has been running stable all night!

i rly hope this is the solution, stoopid that ive spent so much money to get it fixed but...lets see how it runs, havent tried any games yet but 3dmark ran for 5 hours straight and movies seems to go fine now again.

i doubt its the RAM anyways as i have tried 3 different brand new pairs of 512mb´s so...but u never know, big time unlucky if 3 pairs would be faulty. cuz i have gotten the same BSOD on all pairs..

anyways, ill report further if i got the soultion or not...

thx for ur help this far.

edit: memory timings are set for optimal, i.e. Auto by SPD so it should be in order.. also i have flashed to the newest BIOS from epox website.

nooooo, whyyyyyyy...

another blue screen over the night, i can give u the numbers and stuff if u need it but the device driver was tcpip.sys, what does that say, i have also had the device driver name as ntoskrnl.exe and win32k.sys i will paste the technical inforamtion in 4 hours.

anyone know what the problem is?

Try running with just a single stick of memory and try running the memory at either 266 or 333 instead of 400 and see what happens.

alright i will try that when i get home from work, one thing im thinkin about, when it says the device drivers name is tcpip.sys and/or ntoskrnl.exe can it still be the mem sticks?

tcpip.sys has to do with networking, but why is the computer blue screening about that? hmmm...

i´ll report further later

ok here is the latest BSODs technical info:

STOP: 0x00000001 (0x00075423, 0x0000002, 0x00000001, 0xBE994397)

Adress BE994397 base at BE981000, Datestamp 3eaf053b - tcpip.sys

dumping physical memory...

yeap, what can u tell me guys?

Originally posted by p30n:

Quote:
alright i will try that when i get home from work, one thing im thinkin about, when it says the device drivers name is tcpip.sys and/or ntoskrnl.exe can it still be the mem sticks?

Yes it can, as the three above listed messages in your original post all point to the same cause, flakey/bad/incompatible ram.

The reason I suggested running a single stick along with slowing down the memory speed it to see if indeed the memory and motherboard combo can run together at the faster 400 FSB speed, you may find it can't and/or can't when running more then one stick of ram wink

Better use Memtest86 to check your RAM... I would re-add all of your RAM, then run http://www.memtest86.com/ to check for errors.

Also, you may want to check your BIOS settings for your RAM timings, etc. To be safe, write down the settings, then load the BIOS defaults before running Memtest86.

I have the same problem on the following system : Athlon 2000+ , 1667 Mhz, mainboars soyo K7vmp, integrated graphic card, audio and lan. Please help me with an answer.

Question : If I shall buy a graphic card (Gecube 9550GU, 128 Ram) what am I supposed to do with the integrated one? Can I simply take out the 32 ram from bios and put it back to the ram?

I have the same problem on the following system : Athlon 2000+ , 1667 Mhz,256 Ram 333 DDRAM, mainboard soyo K7vmp, integrated graphic card, audio and lan. Please help me with an answer.

Question : If I shall buy a graphic card (Gecube 9550GU, 128 Ram) what am I supposed to do with the integrated one? Can I simply take out the 32 ram from bios and put it back to the ram?

Originally posted by trofihome:

Quote:
I have the same problem on the following system : Athlon 2000+ , 1667 Mhz, mainboars soyo K7vmp, integrated graphic card, audio and lan. Please help me with an answer.

Most/Many motherboards will simply disable the onboard graphics adapter once it detects an AGP graphics card is connected to it. Some however require that you do indeed go into the system BIOS and disable the onboard graphics, this will also free up whatever amount of shared memory was allocated to it wink

Are you running any anti-virus software?

I get the same blue screen, and McAfee Virusscan Enterprise v8 is causing it, despite me applying the hot fixes up to 9.