Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Domarius

Extreme G-2 crashes to desktop when started

Extreme G-2

After installation, I double click the icon, it changes the resolution to the size set for the game, the windows hourglass cursor appears on a black screen, then the resolution changes back to the desktop setting and I'm back at the desktop again.

I'm running XP. My particular graphics card doesn't seem to be the problem, since I've tried it on 2 other computers with different graphics card and had exactly the same problem. The 3 graphics cards are GeForce FX5200, GeForce2, GeForce4.

I tried the XP compatability settings (Windows 95 mode, 640x480 etc). I haven't tried disabling 3D accelleration, but that would defeat the purpose of me wanting to play...

The game used to work on my TNT2 on Windows 98. Now I have XP and a GeForce FX5200. I can't be sure if its the operating system or the graphics card with the problem. Well, I suppose if I try disabling 3D accelleration and it works, then I know its the graphics card... (which I will try when I get home)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

-.-' I have the exact same problem. I wanna play Extreme G-2 really bad. Don't worry it's not your graphics card. It's merely Windows 95/98 that you have to play it on, which sucks. I even tried to play the game on an image of Windows 98 on VMware but the colors are all screwy and slow and stuff. I guess I can't play it at all unless I get the operating system.

Lmao I'm replying to this like a year after you started this topic -_-