Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hawkz

Windows 2000 Group Policy changes not sticking

Hi there, this is my first post.

I am currently in the process of creating a windows 2000 image. I am using ghost to create the images.

Right, my problem is this, where I am the network is slow so I would like to disable "slow network detection" under local policy in MMC.

I do this, and close mmc. If I log out and log in again (under admin login) the change remains, but if I reboot the computer, the change is lost. I really need to get this right as it is an image which will be used with 100+ staff members and I don't want random message popping up out of the blue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.! smile

Ok firstly I should clarify the network setup

our servers are Novell netware 5 (or 6, don't remember) and we use zen works for app delivery. We use a Novell client overlay for logins.

I have discovered that the novell management agents are overwriting my mmc settings. When I remove the agents, all settings are preserved.

The problem now is working out how to manually change these settings through the registry. I have had no luck so far, I have found a few settings in the Group Policy folder under winnt/sys32/Group policy/adm (I think)

Any got any ideas how to stop the management agents from wiping my changes? (Bearing in mind, removing them permanently is not an option)

thanks!