Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
latino85

HELP, WIN XP WILL NOT BOOT ALL THE WAY....

Hey again everyone, i am really having trouble with this one here.

For some reason all of a sudden my computer will not load to Windows XP.

I turn the cpu on, it does its usual system checks, then goes to Win XP loading screen, but then it switches over to a blue Win XP screen that reads:

Checking file system on C:

The type of the file system is FAT32.

One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency.

You may cancel the disk check, but it is strongly recommended that you continue.

Windows will now check the disk.

Volume Serial number is 07D0-0505

Windows is verifying files and folders...

_ percent completed....

BUT what RALLY pisses me off is that it ONLY SOMETIMES GIVES ME THE OPTION to SKIP TEST right under the percent completed line. BUT now it does not give me ANY option on the screen to SKIP or CANCEL the disk check. I used to have to reboot it like ten times just to get the skip test option BUT like i said, NOW it doesnt, its like i have to turn it on and hopefully be lucky to use my cpu. CAN ANYBODY HELP ME PLEASE!?!?! i have important files on my hardrive???????????????

Im running a Dell Dimension XPS B800r CPU 800mghz,P3,WinXPro

[Edited by latino85 on 2004-11-08 04:22:10]

Actually i have tried just letting it run thru the so called CHECK and it even makes it to a 100% but after that it still just does nothing, it sits there and NOTHING happens????

And come to think of it, im pretty sure that everytime i let it go ahead and check and hope that it works, nothing crucial comes up in the scan. ANY HELP ANYONE?!?!?!?

P.S.

In the event that it does work with LUCK, does anybody know of something that i can fool with on the inside (meaning from within windows XP) ??????

first of all Windows XP i stopt using it and moved on to Windows Server 2003 verry happy with it butt you have your XP installed on a fat32 patition verry usufull for old programs sometimes but for XP itself it has a tansion to get big problems.

... my advice to you is reinstall windows using NTFS partition

the DELL machine you`r working on it`s a pretty good one install XP on a 6GIG partition and music, games and movies on another partition i`m doing that for years now and works perfectly besides it`s prevents faster corruption of the ntfs partition to witch you wil have installed your Windows.

signt. Reaver