Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nosrednaoen

Intel Exteme Graphics (a head ache)

Hi Guys, I am Zia from Pakistan I purchased a brand new Intel D865GBF with XP pro Service pack 2 installed, 256MB DDR, 2.4 Intel MMX Processor and has a builtin sound and Intel Extreme Graphics Chip 64MB on its bad board. All goes fine but when I am Playing any 3D Game on my MOBO, the pc hangs and stops responding, where i have to restart the pc to get it back on work, some times restarts itself. I also changed MSI Main Board coz of those problems but still having problems with GBF. so can any one help me with this problem. and in the last sorry for my bad bad english.:(

Thanks in advance.

Since XP - SP2 already comes with DX9.0c you don't need to install that component. However I would go to Intel's website and d/l and install both the latest chipset(inf) drivers and the graphics drivers.

Be sure to reboot the machine after each install, it should ask you this of course wink

After you've done this please retest these games again and let us know what happens...

Thanks Bro I am on my way to Try your Suggestions. thank you very very much for reply. I wasnt expecting any one. ;(

Yah i downloaded both of them. Graphics chipset Update is found to be corrupt I downloaded it again but still having the same problem. The package wont extract. Kindly check it yourself and tell me that is my pc experiancing problem. and let me tell you I am running Kaspersky with latest update and Pc fully Scanned. But I did Updated the Chipset Driver. It did help me a bit. now my mobo stops responding after two hours when playing a Game.

Waiting for your response.

Hmm, I've d/l pretty much all the updated drivers from Intel's site, including that driver package and didn't have any trouble with them. I use the package to update many system builds I do on a daily basis without any error message at all.

Either something is going on with the d/l or perhaps finding a mirror site with these same drivers would be better. As for a mirror site, I can't think of one, sorry frown