Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ReFoRMaT

Novell (Suse Linux) swings back at Microslop

It will certianly be interesting to see what comes of the latest lawsuits; I think Novell may have the brand-recognition and funding to really make some progress in Linux adoption/migrations.

I suppose I should add that Novell Netware was the first NOS that I used and (later) administered, it's good to see them back in the fight, so to speak.

Microsoft has made an empire from "good-enough" software. I, for one, don't want "good-enough" any more.

laugh

Novell deserves every bad thing that happens to them as punishment for releasing Novell 5. That release is why I switched to Windows NT to begin with. Well, that and their abysmal support and general poor treatment of customers. All it took was a little competition (NDS vs. AD) in combination with their poor attitude to dethrone them. Think this will repeat for any other companies?

Originally posted by adamvjackson:

Quote:
Microsoft has made an empire from "good-enough" software. I, for one, don't want "good-enough" any more.

laugh

"Good enough" for what ? Spyware ?

Ever look at those MRUs (Most Recently Used files)? Before I learned to delete them, mine had long lists of "visited URLs"

and "Most recently run" programs" ,most of which I've never

heard of ,much less used, which background programs send to MS

on a regular basis.This is done "silently" ,meaning you don't

know it's being done.

BTW,I only use SUSE 9.1 for internet now.SUSE handles those

linmodem drivers pretty well except for 'Risq Modular' which

may work for someone who knows what he/she is doing.