Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MD

Wolfenstein Enemy Territory

i need help with my ET.. ok i recently got a router ad i got my pcs on it so now when i start ET i lose all connection to the internet on both pc's.....doe anyone know the problem..i just updated the firmware and everything...what could be the problem ;(

Originally posted by sapiens74:

Quote:
What video card are you using and what version drivers?

hmmm.... I thought he loses connection to the internet, could it have to do with the video card? x)

What router are you using? What type of firewall/protection features comes on the router?

Have you checked the performence of the internet connection when connection throug the router?

try running speed test form DSLreports.com or other speed test sites.

If your internet seems to be slower when you connect thought the router, check the cabling and the router itself (including the cable that connects your modem to the router), or contact the router manufacturer's tech. support.

Give use some more information, and be more specific so people may be able to come up with a solution to your problem.

Good Luck wink

The key here is that all internet connectivity is lost.

How did you have this setup configured prior to installing the router? Were you using ICS (internet connection sharing)?

Did you delete/remove all ICS-specific settings? Are all of the computers receiving a DHCP IP address?

When internet connectivity is lost, from the 2nd computer (not running ET) can you ping the router (typically either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1, unless you've changed it)? Can you tracert to a known-good site?