Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
holydevil

FC 2 Logging out problems..!!!

Hey guys..i a nOOb to linux...u gotta gr8 forum out here dudez...i have a problem logging out of Fedora core 2...when i click on log out....the system just doesnt log out...i mean the screen remains unchanged...plzz tell me wat to do......i have installed FC2 on a primary partition on my hard drive....plzzz help...thanx...

When you click on the logout button, do you get the popup screen with the choices to end the session, turn off the computer or restart the computer?

If so, have you checked one of the boxes and hit OK?

The mouse is is little sensitive in FC2, if the above is not applicable, does the screen freeze or revert back to the desktop when you make a choice?

I get the three options as u mentioned...but it just returns me back to the desktop and the comp. then freezes out....do u think its a partioning problem???....i have installed FC2 in an ext3 partition on a logical drive....wat shud i do??....plzz help..

I just installed Fedora Core 3. There is a delay in the system shutting down. How long do you wait for the system to start shutting down?

Just for reference, is the install on a logical or primary partition? You mentioned both.

Any other OS on the system?

hey man....howz FC3?? I just ended up formatting ma whole hard drive man....now i've Win MCE 2005...SO just tell me how shud i go abt installing FC2....Shud i install it on a logical drive inside a primary partition or directly on a primary partition...i am using Symantec Partition Magic 8.05 for partitioning purposes....so how do i go abt it??...

Hey is everybody sleepin out here.....??

plzzz help me on how do i go about installing Fedora Core 2 on my comp.....Logical or primary???

Neither, really. Just leave some space unpartitioned and let Anaconda (the FC installer) auto-partition. You'll need space for a swap partition (usually 1.5x your physical RAM); a boot partition (for GRUB), and finally a partition for your OS installation (typically ext3 or ReiserFS).

A reasonably safe bet would be to leave about 10GB of space as "unpartitioned".