Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Clarkie320

NVIDIA Display Properties Extension cannot be created

Please help anyone.

I keep getting an error message stating "NVIDIA Display Properties Extension cannot be created…" when I right-click on Desktop => Properties => Settings => Advanced.

The History.

I have recently installed an Nvidia FX5900XT 128MB on a Pentium 4, 512MB Medion PC.

I uninstalled my previous Nvidia drivers (GeForce4 MX420) before installing the new card and did it in SAFE mode so as not to have my Virus software running whilst I installed.

I then restarted my PC as required and let the Hardware wizard do it's bit. I then went on to the Nvidia website and downloaded the latest drivers (v61.77) and again restarted the PC.

The Result.

Until I completely power off the PC, the Nvidia symbol sits nicely in the area down by the clock (bottom right) and when I do Desktop => Properties => Settings => Advanced, the Nvidia Properties are available. However, after powering off and restarting from 'cold', the error message appears.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as it seems to stop me playing Call of Duty as well, but that's a story for another day …